Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Associate
https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

PS5 Pro announcement:

• Upgraded GPU: With PS5 Pro, we are upgrading to a GPU that has 67% more Compute Units than the current PS5 console and 28% faster memory. Overall, this enables up to 45% faster rendering for gameplay, making the experience much smoother.
  • Advanced Ray Tracing: We’ve added even more powerful ray tracing that provides more dynamic reflection and refraction of light. This allows the rays to be cast at double, and at times triple, the speeds of the current PS5 console.
  • AI-Driven Upscaling: We’re also introducing PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, an AI-driven upscaling that uses a machine learning-based technology to provide super sharp image clarity by adding an extraordinary amount of detail.

Previous Poll results:

1725981621148.png

Last edited:
Interesting,

I think the takeaways are:
8 core Zen 2 chip
Custom Navi with Ray Tracing
Ram (not really brought up)
Storage, definitely an SSD in use, looks like a NVME at least but seems to hint about IOPS which is making me think it will end up being more like an Optane module...

It will be expensive that's for sure, and as far as 8K goes.... I mean that seems like a stretch :O

I'd think it will have to still have some form of SSD in it, with install sizes going the way they are (and discs being pretty much just install media at this point) I don't see how they can make do with just 1tb of SSD which would be the most I can imagine them using.

Optane is like caching memory, so in theory it could be sized to hold only like the last 3 games you played perhaps...

With a HDD for the rest (Hopefully SATA 3 this time around as consoles were somewhat limited by using Sata 2, hence why 5.4k USB3 drives were still quick than the internal one)

From IGN: According to Wired, fast-travelling between locations in Insomniac's Spider-Man on a PS4 Pro took 15 seconds. Using a next-gen PlayStation devkit, the same action took 0.8 seconds.
That makes me excited :D

Really happy to hear about backwards capabilities :)

i will hold off getting one until the psvr 2 is released, if they really do one.

i did see somewhere the other day that it will be higher res and wireless, for $250, dream on..

all i want from it is a slightly bigger "sweet spot"

I hope I just put any disc in day one. Rather than wait for a game specific support/ patch.

How will they fleece us for HD Remasters in the future? :D

The thing is - it was never about "fleecing" with regards PS3 titles.
The PS4 was simply incapable of running PS3 games - so an amount of work was required to make them available.

The thing is - it was never about "fleecing" with regards PS3 titles.
The PS4 was simply incapable of running PS3 games - so an amount of work was required to make them available.

I of course am only messing about. Some games I was more than happy to rebuy where work was clearly done to improve them

Still at least 2 years away. So anything can happen between then and now.

When looking at the PC market, tech has slowed down over the past 5 years. Even the chip manufactures are struggling.

Still at least 2 years away. So anything can happen between then and now.

When looking at the PC market, tech has slowed down over the past 5 years. Even the chip manufactures are struggling.

2 years away really? I was kind of assuming it would be an Xmas 2020 release or just before?

2 years away really? I was kind of assuming it would be an Xmas 2020 release or just before?

Yeah the Sony's head of PlayStation, said last May the company will take the next three years to further develop the PS5.

So about one year on from that statement, we have 2 years now.

I can see it officially be announced in 2020 but released 2021 perhaps.

Yeah the Sony's head of PlayStation, said last May the company will take the next three years to further develop the PS5.

So about one year on from that statement, we have 2 years now.

I can see it officially be announced in 2020 but released 2021 perhaps.

Fair enough! No doubt we’ll see it announced E3 2020 with a 2012 release hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom