• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ryzen 3700X Overclocking thread***

Associate
EL0yn5a.jpg

That's my 3700x on default but with 3600Mhz memory, on Ryzen balanced power plan, so not sure if that will make a difference

someone on here mentioned that ryzen balanced gives better performance than windows balanced.

Soldato
I seriously thinking in returning my X570...mobo I just don’t think its worth £260...something doesn’t feel right I was getting better performance with my B450 mobo. :(

I'm actually thinking of returning the 3700x. It's not operating as described and I don't see how that's acceptable or even legal from a consumer law point of view.

Associate
Another one that doesn't hit the advertised max boost of 4.4?

I havent seen one that does yet.

When der8auer pointed out that none of his ryzen 3000 cpus (10 or so) reached the advertised boost clock people called him intel shill.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Another one that doesn't hit the advertised max boost of 4.4?

It's a known issue with AGESA 1.0.0.3. I've been conversing with AsRock support. They can reproduce the issue, and have had a look and said it's something in the AGESA causing it, as mine originally boosted to 4.4Ghz on single core workloads, and all cores managed to hit that individually at some point on AGESA 1.0.0.1, but now none do, with it maxing 4.375Ghz on about 3 or 4 cores, the rest are 4.350/4.325.

They are raising an issue direct with AMD about it, as it's across the board, not chipset specific.

Edit. I'll re run the benchmark with 3200Mhz memory to see if it makes any difference.

Caporegime
OP
It's a known issue with AGESA 1.0.0.3. I've been conversing with AsRock support. They can reproduce the issue, and have had a look and said it's something in the AGESA causing it, as mine originally boosted to 4.4Ghz on single core workloads, and all cores managed to hit that individually at some point on AGESA 1.0.0.1, but now none do, with it maxing 4.375Ghz on about 3 or 4 cores, the rest are 4.350/4.325.

They are raising an issue direct with AMD about it, as it's across the board, not chipset specific.

Edit. I'll re run the benchmark with 3200Mhz memory to see if it makes any difference.

Will that be 3200mhz CAS 14 ?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
MLQ7FtP.jpg

Will that be 3200mhz CAS 14 ?

Sorry chap, didn't see this until after I ran it. Those results are with 3200Mhz cl16-16-16-36-52 (basically my 3600Mhz timings, i just lowered the clock)

I've also checked the AGESA you're on with that MSI board is actually 2 AGESA behind mine. (yours is 1.0.0.3A, where as mine is 1.0.0.3ABB, so there could be efficiency improvements causing slightly higher scores)

This geekbench seems very memory clock dependent too, so I'd stick with CB15/20 for pure CPU testing, as scores have changed quite a bit by changing nothing but memory clock

Caporegime
OP
MLQ7FtP.jpg

Sorry chap, didn't see this until after I ran it. Those results are with 3200Mhz cl16-16-16-36-52 (basically my 3600Mhz timings, i just lowered the clock)

I've also checked the AGESA you're on with that MSI board is actually 2 AGESA behind mine. (yours is 1.0.0.3A, where as mine is 1.0.0.3ABB, so there could be efficiency improvements causing slightly higher scores)

This geekbench seems very memory clock dependent too, so I'd stick with CB15/20 for pure CPU testing, as scores have changed quite a bit by changing nothing but memory clock

Looks to be in the same ball park as me then with the 3200 Ram.

Whats annoying is I keep getting different Cinebench scores ranging from 2037 to 1791

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Looks to be in the same ball park as me then with the 3200 Ram.

Whats annoying is I keep getting different Cinebench scores ranging from 2037 to 1791

I also get varying CB scores, although not to the extent of your lowest score. I don't think I've seen it go below 2030ish.

Was there anything else using CPU cycles when you scored 1791? even something like having chrome open, or HWInfo poling the hardware causes my score to drop a little bit. To get my highest scores I have to have nothing open but CB.

Caporegime
OP
I also get varying CB scores, although not to the extent of your lowest score. I don't think I've seen it go below 2030ish.

Was there anything else using CPU cycles when you scored 1791? even something like having chrome open, or HWInfo poling the hardware causes my score to drop a little bit. To get my highest scores I have to have nothing open but CB.

Ill check but I'm not enjoying this so far...

Just copied my settings from DRam Calc and clocked my 3200mhz to 3600mhz and got

Guess what?

A lower score

hM2stno.jpg

Soldato
Yeah..have you run Geekbench to check what fastest speed it reached was ?

I'm having a few beers just now, will run it later or tomorrow.

I don't think this can be described as anything other than glorified beta testing. It pains me to say it as this is an AMD bench thread, but Intel would get crucified for a release like this.

p.s. Asus have released a BIOS update for my board; I'll flash that tomorrow and see what difference it makes.

Soldato

I don't think this can be described as anything other than glorified beta testing. It pains me to say it as this is an AMD bench thread, but Intel would get crucified for a release like this.

I pre-ordered the 1800x (£489!), have been using several Ryzen builds since and praised them, I currenly have a 3600, 3700X and the 1800X got swapped out for the 3900X.

Yet, despite my enthusiasm and support for AMD, I too feel your pain and agree with your sentiment on this release.

Caporegime
OP

p.s. Asus have released a BIOS update for my board; I'll flash that tomorrow and see what difference it makes.

Cheers mate

I'm seriously considering sending both back ad getting a B450 and 2600 for like £200 :p

The only thing stopping me is the chance of a 3900 x ordered on the 20th July :(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ill check but I'm not enjoying this so far...

Just copied my settings from DRam Calc and clocked my 3200mhz to 3600mhz and got

Guess what?

A lower score

I'm guessing that's more down to unstable ram timings causing instability, as when the ram is unstable it will error correct and lower overall system performance. Before running geekbench with the O/C on the ram I'd try for at least 400% HCI memtest.

At least you know it's not underperforming at stock, as with my memory at 3200Mhz and CPU stock with no PBO we get very similar scores.

Soldato
Cheers mate

I'm seriously considering sending both back ad getting a B450 and 2600 for like £200 :p

The only thing stopping me is the chance of a 3900 x ordered on the 20th July :(

Here's some results.

2501 BIOS
Memory 3600 C16
Stock clocks
Windows balanced powerplan (build 17763)

*I've got a BIOS update and OS update (to 1903) to complete; I'll do that tomorrow and post updated results.

fqCCC6q.png

Oh1VWEh.png

Q5Qt4CP.png

Back
Top Bottom