**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Man of Honour
I think the reason they're trying to make phones thinner each year is because they're working on foldable phones, where ideally you'd want 1.5cm or less once folded. Surface phone and such will be the next big thing in 2019-2020. I can see Note X being like a mini surface pro maybe with screen unfolding into 1 big one.

Like the device they showed off a few years back.

Tablet, not so much, but the phone to tablet concept I like quite a lot.

Man of Honour
Ouch that video almost redefines tacky... still though it would be great if the Note line had an unfoldable double size screen.

Soldato
The are no advantages to non removable batteries for consumers apart from maybe the phone ending up 1mm thinner as they can factory pack things more tightly. I suppose it's easier to get waterproof rating on factory sealed and glued up phone as well.

It's simply there to make more money for manufacturer as if your battery dies or deteriorates you have to pay £200 to replace it rather than £20, or simply get a new phone, which is what most do.

Slimmer, better-built phones with bigger batteries and water-proofing would appear to be fairly compelling reasons to many people. Most people aren't bothered about removable batteries these days, especially with portable chargers being so cheaply available.

Soldato
Most people aren't bothered about removable batteries these days, especially with portable chargers being so cheaply available.
They're bothered when they find their phone has terrible battery life after 12-18 months of constant use and find out how much it costs to send back to the manufacturer to replace it.

Soldato
Well, s8 is my first phone with non removable battery so will find out in the next 2 years whether this is a problem or not... my note4 battery died after 18 months.

Removable batteries aren't happening anymore for the simple fact that it will instantly kill portable charger/power pack market and slow down handset renewal so in short, MONEY.

Soldato
Few new leaks in the past couple of days saying that the Note 8 will feature a 6.3 inch screen. Dual cameras that are 12 and 13 MP with 3x Optical zoom.

Caporegime
OP
6.3" - that's damn huge. I told myself I wouldn't go bigger than the Note 4.....

16bj7kg.jpg

Caporegime
OP
It's a couple of things - the fit inside a pocket and one handed use. Any bigger than the Note 4 and I won't be able to do the latter.

Don't get me wrong, if this phone is the bees knees I will get over it. It's just all become a little OTT now with ever increasing phone sizes.

Don
On the Note 7 you could double tap the screen (or something along those lines) and it would shrink the window down for one handed use.

Soldato
Hopefully the note 8 will release around September/October as I'll be in the market for a new phone then.
My note 4 is still going well but it will be 3 years old in September.
I'll stay sim only though, & hopefully get a similar deal as to what I have now.
12gb data, 200 mins, unlimited texts for £15 pm, although may drop to 4gb which is only £9pm

Man of Honour
I still use a Note 1 and Note 4 daily - if I wasn't for the eMMC bug meaning upgrading the OS is risky and lack of 4G on my Note 1 I wouldn't have even bothered with the 4.

Back
Top Bottom