**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Associate
Deffo not worth upgrading my S7 Edge for this in my eyes the extra £300 just doesn't make sense for half an inch more of screen.
I kind of agree, although its always nice to have a new toy! That said, you'll be forking out a lot more than an extra £300 at the moment - you'd be lucky to get any more than £300 for an S7 Edge at the moment and you're going to need to find at least another £500 to get your hands on a note (can you tell I have looked into this?!)

In all honesty though, my S7E will likely be the first phone i ever keep until the end of a contract. The sums of money involved now is getting silly.

Transmission breaker
Don
That is why I kept my note4 for so long. It was fully paid for outright at the start, I was on sim only and just replaced it when it got busted on insurance. I had it for 3 years, and hope to have the note8 for at least the same amount on time. By then I will be on sim-only again. Looking at the spec of this, 4 years should be more than do-able.

Associate
I kind of agree, although its always nice to have a new toy! That said, you'll be forking out a lot more than an extra £300 at the moment - you'd be lucky to get any more than £300 for an S7 Edge at the moment and you're going to need to find at least another £500 to get your hands on a note (can you tell I have looked into this?!)

In all honesty though, my S7E will likely be the first phone i ever keep until the end of a contract. The sums of money involved now is getting silly.

I don't see any need to upgrade my S7 Edge running Superman ROM for at least another 2 years :)

Associate
they replied, least it worked.

Good evening,
Thank you for your email.

I can confirm we have received your claim.
Claim ID: XXXX

Please note claims are not processed until 30 days from the date of pre-order.
Thank you.

Caporegime
OP
Question. What are tempered glass screen protectors like? Last one I bought was PET film (whatever that is), TG protectors better?

Edit - couple of additional review videos added to OP. XDA/root information will be added at a future date.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I will do once I get mine. Going to try a more stock route this time with me using the likes of Package Disabler to streamline. YouTube adaway and Background Play are a must though via root.

Caporegime
OP
Hell yeah it does, I cannot live without it (I despise adverts). It's a module in Xposed, Background Play also very useful when you want to listen to YouTube whilst in another app or have the phone locked.

Soldato
Question. What are tempered glass screen protectors like? Last one I bought was PET film (whatever that is), TG protectors better?

I had one on my Z3 and it was brilliant, much better than any plastic protector I had ever used, easier to install, less fingerprints, less glare, less noticeable. Everything about it was better. However no idea if it would interfere with the s-pen

I thought I had seen something similar to Mr. Number installed by default on the Note 8, possible Samsung app. I can't remember what it was called or where I found it, any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom