**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Soldato
I moved to a a new phone and haven't rooted.

I simply set up a VPN on rasp with pi hole. Literally 30mins and then messing about with a DNS updater.

I pretty much remain on my VPN...great while on hols too. Looks like youre at home.

Soldato
Question. What are tempered glass screen protectors like? Last one I bought was PET film (whatever that is), TG protectors better?

Edit - couple of additional review videos added to OP. XDA/root information will be added at a future date.

I've fitted a Whitestone Dome Glass, very good protector but pricey.

Transmission breaker
Don
Apparently they've completely removed it from the ui so you have to use the Android back button.
That's a problem then, as you can't get it when the browser is open. As its a soft button. You bring it down, and when you press the back button, it hides it again, not actually sending you back one page.

Had to go back to using Samsung Internet.

Is it just me having this issue?

Transmission breaker
Don
Are you hiding the soft buttons? It's not a problem for me.

I have not changed a thing. When i open the browser, I have no soft buttons. If i bring them down, they appear, i click back, and it just makes them go away again :D

Ahh, figured it out, you can double-click on the little dot on the left side of the bar to lock it on the screen :) Much better!

Last edited:
Soldato
If I do the "smart switch" from my Note 4 - can I choose it to just transfer contacts and not apps (I'd like to start with a clean phone again and only install what I want)

Soldato
I have to say the camera is awesome... but I have come from a OP3 where the camera was very average.

I love the live focus feature, blurring out the background, you can take some great pics with it.

Caporegime
OP
Clear case and screen protector ordered. Plus a clear case (already have a spare screen protector) and a new back cover for my Note 4. dbrand treatment to come for both :D.

Back
Top Bottom