**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Associate
Got mine delivered today great phone but my god that finger print scanner location is an absolute joke I'm just smudging my camera when I try and reach for it so it's back to a pin for me. Hopefully they get the tech for on screen scanning next time.

Associate
I can't fault the facial recognition........ and if someone is ugly enough to pass for me, or has a plethora of photos of me to fool it with, so be it!

Associate
Ditto, I use it a lot :)
Do you have small hands?
No Im just used to having it infront in a normal position I seem to be doing this a lot I know it's a S8 but the same thing applies lol

fingerprint-s8.gif

Transmission breaker
Don
Fair enough, my finger is quite a way away from the lens when I touch the sensor. You know you only have to touch it? You don't need to smother it.

I keep trying and unless I hold the phone above half way I can't even get close to the camera lens?

Transmission breaker
Don
Even shovel hands Marques (MKBHD) says he can't use it without shifting hand positions. It's in a daft place on the regular s8, let alone the S8+ and especially the note 8

I really don't understand! I tried to imitate the gif above, and even if I put my hand unnaturally high where it might get close to the lens, my finger has to be bent to touch the sensor, so it is no where near touching the lens?

Soldato
Just got a text message from Samsung about my Dex claim:

Samsung said:
Your claim has been received and will be checked by one of our agaents. The outcome of your claim will be communicated to you by email.

For some reason I'm expecting this to fail, mainly because Mobiles.Co.Uk were not listed in their drop down box for retailers when I claimed. However, I've just noticed they have appeared now...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just got a text message from Samsung about my Dex claim:

[QUOTE+"Samsung"]Your claim has been received and will be checked by one of our agaents. The outcome of your claim will be communicated to you by email.

After the email from support I've just now received the same text.

Associate
I really don't understand! I tried to imitate the gif above, and even if I put my hand unnaturally high where it might get close to the lens, my finger has to be bent to touch the sensor, so it is no where near touching the lens?

That gif shows the woman readjusting her finger, and not placing the finger in one go. This is real life situation for me. I hardly get it the first try.

Associate
I'm new to android. A 10 year iPhone user before. I used the smart switch to transfer from my iPhone 6 to note 8. This folder is over 10gb now. Can I just delete it?

/storage/emulated/0/SmartSwitch/tmp

Back
Top Bottom