**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Soldato
My brother is on holiday in Dubai. Said he can get me the note for £750.

Am I correct is thinking it should work here and also come with a 1 yr international warranty?

It will work but warranty is only valid in Dubai.

Bought a note 5 ages ago from Dubai and this was the case then

Soldato
my note has arrived at home!

stuck at work..

Got home to find the note has been delivered

It came in a reusable brown cardboard box, packaging slip and a dpd pickup returns label which I’m assuming is for the iPhone

No other paper work or documentation with it. I’m hoping the returns label and the box is for the iPhone! And not a returns for the note 8

Associate
Is the Note 8 screen as curved as the S7 was? I've got the S7 and I'm not a fan of the curvature. I'm torn between this and the Pixel 2. Particularly like the stylus on the Note.

Soldato
Found an email in my Junk Folder..

Hello lmfy2k

Congratulations on your recent switch, your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone is on its way!

Your programme reference is: xxxxx

NEXT STEPS...

Shortly you will receive a Samsung Switching Programme return pack in the post for your old device, until then please ensure you transfer all your data to your new Samsung Galaxy Smartphone and factory reset your old device.

If you are switching from an iPhone, you must first remove your iPhone from your iCloud account. Instructions can be found here.

RETURN PACK...

Your return pack will be to you within 1-2 days – this will include freepost packaging for your old device and instructions on how to post it back to us.

Follow the simple postage instructions and send us your device within 7 days.

Upon receipt our experts will check your device and an email will be sent to you confirming that your switch is complete.

Kind Regards
Samsung Switching Team

Associate
I'm looking for a SGN8 specifically a SM-N950FZKDBTU, which is a 256GB Dual-Sim version for the UK, and if it was in Deep Sea Blue, all the better, Does anyone know where these are being sold, or if not available yet, when they might be available? I know you can get the SM-N950FD in 256GB, but I was holding out for the FZKDBTU version.
Thanks
Topedge

Soldato
Im looking for a bit of experience with the Note 8. I have been offered a retention deal with the Note 8 on a 32gb a month contract for £43 a month which is pretty good deal. The main thing putting me off (apart from lack of front facing speakers) is the battery life.

How bad is the battery on the note 8? Im pretty heavy on the phone but my Moto Nexus 6 would just about last me a day when it was new but now im charging it twice a day.

Also people that have had it a while are you starting to get lag on the phone yet from touchwiz?

Caporegime
OP
Im looking for a bit of experience with the Note 8. I have been offered a retention deal with the Note 8 on a 32gb a month contract for £43 a month which is pretty good deal. The main thing putting me off (apart from lack of front facing speakers) is the battery life.

How bad is the battery on the note 8? Im pretty heavy on the phone but my Moto Nexus 6 would just about last me a day when it was new but now im charging it twice a day.

Also people that have had it a while are you starting to get lag on the phone yet from touchwiz?

There have been a couple on here with issues but sound like faulty phones/batteries. For the most part, most people are reporting good to great battery life but obviously we all have varying usage. I was getting 5-6 hours of SoT for the first month, closer to 5 hours beyond this but this now included heavy use of Spotify (without the songs downloaded on the phone) throughout the day. I got 7hrs42mins the other day (in bed all day watching crap recovering from a hangover :o). All in all - I rate it very good, will easily get me through to the end of the day.

Soldato
There have been a couple on here with issues but sound like faulty phones/batteries. For the most part, most people are reporting good to great battery life but obviously we all have varying usage. I was getting 5-6 hours of SoT for the first month, closer to 5 hours beyond this but this now included heavy use of Spotify (without the songs downloaded on the phone) throughout the day. I got 7hrs42mins the other day (in bed all day watching crap recovering from a hangover :o). All in all - I rate it very good, will easily get me through to the end of the day.

Sounds pretty good. I've got one arriving today, I was torn between this and the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. The wireless charging, headphone jack and screen won me over.

Soldato
My Dex arrived yesterday, exactly 30 days after I received the fulfilment email :rolleyes:

It's an impressive piece of kit, but I'm unlikely to be using it for anything productive. The display picture is pretty poor for one.

Caporegime
OP
My friend just happened to have one in his basket online so sold him my sealed one for £50. At least I don't have to go through eBay.

Soldato
The display picture is pretty poor for one.

I think this is just to do with my monitor at work, I can't find anyone else complaining about image quality. My picture appears in letterbox mode and appears stretched, despite being a 16:9 monitor. I'll try changing a monitor setting when I'm back at my desk and see if I can improve it.

Anyone else had this issue?

Soldato
Mine arrived today, dex due tomorrow. First impressions are I love it, the fingerprint sensor isn't near as awkward as I thought before getting my hands on it. Brightness is brilliant and sound is ok. Accessories are a step up over my old note 4 and s7 edge. They finally managed to match a black handset with black leads, chargers and headphones too (Can't remember wellnow but my note7 had white accessories).
Spigen case is as expected and glad I went for gunmetal this time as silver was just too bright.

20171116_121546.jpg

20171116_131027.jpg

Soldato
I think this is just to do with my monitor at work, I can't find anyone else complaining about image quality. My picture appears in letterbox mode and appears stretched, despite being a 16:9 monitor. I'll try changing a monitor setting when I'm back at my desk and see if I can improve it.

Anyone else had this issue?

It was just the **** monitors at work, looks glorious at home. Still I think I'll be selling it as just don't think I'll use it.

Mine arrived today, dex due tomorrow. First impressions are I love it, the fingerprint sensor isn't near as awkward as I thought before getting my hands on it. Brightness is brilliant and sound is ok. Accessories are a step up over my old note 4 and s7 edge. They finally managed to match a black handset with black leads, chargers and headphones too (Can't remember wellnow but my note7 had white accessories).
Spigen case is as expected and glad I went for gunmetal this time as silver was just too bright.

Congrats and enjoy, it's a great phone :)

Back
Top Bottom