**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Permabanned
Can any of you kind people inform me as to whether any UK carriers are selling the dual sim version? Or in fact, whether it's dual sim by default? It's a bit of deal breaker for me at the mo :/

Permabanned
Well, I did it. Pulled the trigger on a contract deal last night. Wrestled with the idea of the Huawei Mate Pro for hours, but the lack of a headphone jack settled it for me in the end, despite the excellent battery.

Nothing upfront, £46 a month with 10gb. Not at all bad I thought! The only thing I that's going to be hard to adjust to is the lack of a dual sim tray :/

Should hopefully be here tomorrow :)

Soldato
Well, I did it. Pulled the trigger on a contract deal last night. Wrestled with the idea of the Huawei Mate Pro for hours, but the lack of a headphone jack settled it for me in the end, despite the excellent battery.

Nothing upfront, £46 a month with 10gb. Not at all bad I thought! The only thing I that's going to be hard to adjust to is the lack of a dual sim tray :/

Should hopefully be here tomorrow :)

I got my Dual sim Note 8 direct from Samsung. 24 mth interest free credit ~ £36/mth. I got a Gear VR for free as well, but that offer has now stopped.

Soldato
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Ah ok. You were BTU before then. I'm on VOD now on mine and O2U on my wife's I want to get them both on BTU.

Yeah BTU simfree bought direct from Samsung and put at the bottom of the update queue :rolleyes:

So I followed the other members on here who flashed the update

Last edited:
Permabanned
Anyone got any battery saving tips? My screen on time is pretty pathetic at the moment and that's after 2 resets...

Connected up to the Smartwatch so have location and Bluetooth always on, but still...

Caporegime
OP
Package Disabler, manual brightness for me, make sure performance metrics are checked everyone now and then (so at 90%), I use a blue light filter in the evenings (no idea what impact this has though) and Greenify.

I get around 5 hours SoT on a heavy (data, websites and YouTube) day and can easily get 6-8.5 hours on lighter days (videos, WiFi).

Permabanned
Package Disabler, manual brightness for me, make sure performance metrics are checked everyone now and then (so at 90%), I use a blue light filter in the evenings (no idea what impact this has though) and Greenify.

I get around 5 hours SoT on a heavy (data, websites and YouTube) day and can easily get 6-8.5 hours on lighter days (videos, WiFi).

Cheers for this! Picked up Disabler yesterday and after a bit of tinkering screen time has gone up by an hour or so :)

I'm willing to put some of it down to just the fact that the battery hasn't been thoroughly cycled properly yet. Regardless, even if I get around 5/6 hours SOT it's going to be difficult to step away from my OP5. That thing sipped on power whatever you where doing.

Another general question to the folks who've been regularly using wireless charging...

I purchased one yesterday. Not Samsung branded. Put it on about an hour ago and have noticed that the phone is slightly warm to the touch. Not hot by any means, but warm enough to notice. About as hot as any phone gets after half hours graphic intensive gaming say. It seems to be mainly located slightly above the middle of the device.

Is this normal? I assume it's just a by product of wireless charging in general, but as this is a follow on from the 7... just want to be sure :)

Back
Top Bottom