**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Associate
I received the OTA update for my unlocked Note 8 this morning, clearly to early to talk about any potential battery life improvement benefits, but phone feels far smoother in general performance and app opening.

Associate
Has anyone found swiping away notifications from the drop down list to be laggy since the Oreo update?

Mine terrible when sliding twitter notifications away. I have cleared cache but still no better.

Associate
Updated mine today, and the unread badge count decreases as soon as you open the app, not as before when you actually read the messages/emails.

From what I can see this is new feature for Oreo, i.ve tried Google and cannot find a fix as yet (if there is one?) anyone know? I like the old feature, its a useful tool to remind me what I had left unread :(

Soldato
Updated mine today, and the unread badge count decreases as soon as you open the app, not as before when you actually read the messages/emails.

From what I can see this is new feature for Oreo, i.ve tried Google and cannot find a fix as yet (if there is one?) anyone know? I like the old feature, its a useful tool to remind me what I had left unread :(

I've been looking for a while 2weeks+ and posted on Xda its just parted of Oreo/samsung
and a pain in the ass , I've not found a solution yet

this is from Oreo change list for Samsung phones

"Home Screen – Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only). – Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location"

found this link

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-not-working-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S9/td-p/288333

40 pages of moaning about it lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Given a choice of the email notification working the new way or the old way I'd choose the new work. The unread count is still in the app the notification tells you of new email since you last looked at the app.

Maked more sense imo.

Associate
Received the update ota yesterday afternoon. There is a notification from android system saying finishing android update. Stays there after restarts too. Any suggestions?

Associate
Received the update ota yesterday afternoon. There is a notification from android system saying finishing android update. Stays there after restarts too. Any suggestions?

Mine was there for a good 40 mins at least after updating, the progress bar was very slowly increasing but didn't notice when after that point it finished and disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom