**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Associate
I know sound like I'm on a customer support line but have tried turning off and on again . Mine was max 15mins after last 4 flashing updates that doesn't sound right

Yep restarted a few times. Tried wiping cache partition as well. Will give it until this weekend evening and then try a factory reset if it's still there.

Caporegime
OP
Annoying issue on Oreo. When my phone rings and is locked, mashing various buttons doesn't seem to unlock the screen, eventually it does but I miss the call a result sometimes.

Associate
Hi all a couple of questions if I may.......

1.) I seem to be having a lot of issues with Pokemon Go crashing (send feedback) or simply not letting me login randomly, started on Nougat so I did a full wipe including SD card when moving over to Oreo, but the problem persists. I've no idea what would be causing it, as the wifes pixel is fine.....Not sure where any logs would be?

2.) At work we are now using office 365, so I can enrol my device using intune, which is great but the note 8 even though it's running a stock rom is detected as being rooted. Again no idea why, and the logs don't show any specific reason. I've checked knox/root etc with other apps, and everything reports as fine....

Both issues are a PITA to be honest, I don't think the handset has got any issues, as everything else seems to be fine.

Any advice appreciated, I'm happy to delve into the logs if someone can point me in the right direction, but without root access I'm going to guess it will be pretty hard to find out whats going on

Associate
My partner had a decent settlement for a broken S7E so we decided to upgrade her phone to a Note 8. We both have a S7E for phones and I gotta say, when setting it up and playing about with it, I was not that blown away. I was eyeing up the Note 8 for the successor to my phone in November but I think I might just hold onto it for a while. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely phone, just doesn't feel that much better than our old S7E. Everything about it is better, but not enough to feel like a really good upgrade.

Associate
I love note 8 is a great device but understand what you mean about phones only being incremental updates now. The market is at a stage now where it is waiting for the next big development and no one is really sure what that will be. It's at stage now where the lower tier devices are more than suitable for the vast majority of people and do everything will enough that most people want.

It will be interesting to see what next big breakthrough will be, greatly improved battery life, folding screens, looking like in display fingerprint biometrics next thing to land and that will be a nice to have, but not a huge game changing feature I would suggest.

Caporegime
OP
Oreo is starting to annoy more than I enjoy it. I thought volume controls were meant to be more granular? Whilst watching videos, despite the notification volume been down, notifications mirror the volume of the media which is quite jarring. What's the point of having an independent volume control for notifications if it just copies another?

Associate
Oreo is starting to annoy more than I enjoy it. I thought volume controls were meant to be more granular? Whilst watching videos, despite the notification volume been down, notifications mirror the volume of the media which is quite jarring. What's the point of having an independent volume control for notifications if it just copies another?

Try disabling Absolute Volume in Developer options, that might be what solves your problem. It'a a pain in a$$

Caporegime
OP
Didn't work, thank you for the suggestion though. A trivial first world problem but this one has really annoyed me :mad:, WhatsApp is almost deafening when watching videos. What an idiotic bug! I was annoyed enough with some previous update a couple of years back that meant notification sounds now dropped the volume of the video been watched (just momentarily) instead of just play over it like before. Some of these updates feel like a step back....

Soldato
My partner had a decent settlement for a broken S7E so we decided to upgrade her phone to a Note 8. We both have a S7E for phones and I gotta say, when setting it up and playing about with it, I was not that blown away. I was eyeing up the Note 8 for the successor to my phone in November but I think I might just hold onto it for a while. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely phone, just doesn't feel that much better than our old S7E. Everything about it is better, but not enough to feel like a really good upgrade.

It's all about the screen and the pen which I use daily. I no longer carry a notebook around.

If you don't the pen then get the S8, 9.

Back
Top Bottom