**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Associate
Oreo update has also seemed to ruin the battery on my note 8. and the update in the last couple of days has finished it off.

My phone will be on 18% by midday with probably 4 phone calls after disconnecting the charger at about 7:30 am, and to top it off all of my chargers not seem to say it will take 6 hours to charge the phone from 10%....? I am starting to think a factory reset may be in order.

Associate
Oreo update has also seemed to ruin the battery on my note 8. and the update in the last couple of days has finished it off.

My phone will be on 18% by midday with probably 4 phone calls after disconnecting the charger at about 7:30 am, and to top it off all of my chargers not seem to say it will take 6 hours to charge the phone from 10%....? I am starting to think a factory reset may be in order.

If you've never done so before then yes, give it a factory reset.

If you want to be OCD/doubly sure it's done then plug it into the PC, delete everything on internal SD, reboot into recovery, factory reset, clear cache, reboot into download mode and flash the latest firmware via ODIN.

Caporegime
OP
I think I might have to do the same, did a dirty Oreo update because reinstalling my work email client is a bit of a pain.

My battery is a little worse but my usage has changed so that might explain it. However I still get frequent Chrome crashes, Spotify pausing randomly and now some stupid assistive touch button appearing every restart (anyone know how to turn this off permanently?).

Soldato
I've started to have a problem last few days any video I've recorded will not always play gives the error "video could not be rendered if this persists reboot your phone" this happens when trying to play a video or send via whatsapp

Associate
I see they have dropped down to £580 sim free. Are they still a good option? I really want to get something waterproof,so that cuts out a lot of phones. Or are there better options out there?

Unless you need(want) the S-Pen and the extra camera, get an S8 or S8+. My girlfriend just picked up an S8 and the footprint is so much nicer than the Note 8 IMO. Pretty much identical specs inside as well, minus the extra 2 gigs of RAM which you don't really notice.

Just my 2 cents, I wish I'd gone S8+ instead of the Note 8 in hindsight, though I do use the pen and extra camera, this thing just weighs too much and feels cumbersome to hold.

Soldato
Unless you need(want) the S-Pen and the extra camera, get an S8 or S8+. My girlfriend just picked up an S8 and the footprint is so much nicer than the Note 8 IMO. Pretty much identical specs inside as well, minus the extra 2 gigs of RAM which you don't really notice.

Just my 2 cents, I wish I'd gone S8+ instead of the Note 8 in hindsight, though I do use the pen and extra camera, this thing just weighs too much and feels cumbersome to hold.
I have the note8 too, and this is my experience too.

I however never use the pen.

I *do* use the live focus feature on the phone camera a bit though and the s8 doesn't have this, but the s8+ does, so that would probably have been my choice.

(slightly off topic, but I've also decided that I dislike curved bezel screens. I'd much rather have a flat screen I can out a decent protective screen over.)

Transmission breaker
Don
They are good with flagships, they tend to get updates for quite some time :)

My note 8 is heading off for a repair, banged the corner, and smashed the screen. Just did smart transfer via wifi to my old Note 4 :D

Associate
Flagships usually get 2 major OS updates. It'll definitely get P.

In about 1 and a half years time when it's no longer current and Sammy can be bothered to put a bit of time on it. Generally Samsung are the last to update their flagships and it usually comes just as the next version of Android is due to be released. We'll get it though, eventually...

Associate
I’m getting an error which is saying process is overloading the CPU and it’s the system_server. It’s killing my battery. I’m getting about 6 hours out of a full charge. No idea how to fix it

Associate
Soldato
My notifications are all over the place at them moment with a large delay on email, I'm trying to work out if its just Outlook or Oreo in general. I'm on stock with the latest July security patch level which I installed this morning.

Soldato
Has anyone had any issues with burn in? I've literally just noticed the keyboard and speed dial from waze seemed to have burnt into the screen (not badly but it's very noticeable on a white screen)

Anyone else had this?

Back
Top Bottom