**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Caporegime
OP
Not so far but an increasing amount of weird thing seem to be happening to mine, particularly after the update the other day. It's favourite thing to do now, is completely unlock in my pocket and start calling people and forwarding images from my gallery to various WhatsApp contacts (this could have ended much worse than it did :o:p).

Caporegime
OP
Despite my repeated claims I wouldn't buy a Note 9, I just pre-ordered one :p:p:p:p:p.

I am really gunning for the Note 10 but jumped on the Samsung Upgrade plan. The bigger batter alone is enough for me, everything else is a bonus :D.

Don
How does that upgrade programme work I don't get it ?
The cost of the phone is spread over 24 months (0% interest) but after 1 year you have the option to upgrade to the latest handset - you just return the old handset and start a new 24 deal on the new one. If you don't want to upgrade you just carry on making your payments and then keep the handset at the end.

Soldato
The cost of the phone is spread over 24 months (0% interest) but after 1 year you have the option to upgrade to the latest handset - you just return the old handset and start a new 24 deal on the new one. If you don't want to upgrade you just carry on making your payments and then keep the handset at the end.

Ah I see , does the monthly payment stay the same ? Tempted by this myself if that's the case as I've almost had my note 8 a year now

Don
Ah I see , does the monthly payment stay the same ? Tempted by this myself if that's the case as I've almost had my note 8 a year now
No. When you upgrade your new payments will depend on the cost of the new handset. Your existing deal ends and you sign up for a new 24 month deal which will be the cost of the new handset spread over 24 months again.

Anybody on the upgrade program with the note 8 is probably better off trading their handset in with carphonewarehouse rather than using the upgrade program to get the note 9. They're offering £575 trade in and if you take out a 1 month rolling deal with Vodafone via them, you can get the 9 for £839 (+ £15 for the 1 month deal) rather than £899 via Samsung.

edit: assuming you're going to sell/trade in your Note 8, the carphonewarehouse route is probably best for you too. You're not likely to get £575 anywhere else for the 8 and even with the 1 month line rental, the handset still works out £45 cheaper from them too. You'd obviously have to pay the £264 balance up front though but overall it works out a fair bit cheaper and gives you a lot more flexibility late on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the in depth reply, wow that deal sounds too good to be true, currently trying to save for my flights to Florida though so I can't afford to spend the £264 outright, wanted to just carry on with monthly payments , not even looked into wether or not Samsung are offering 0% interest tbh

Any idea how long that deal is on for ?

Edit: it would end up costing more then £264 though wouldn't it as I still have 12 months payments on my current plan with Samsung?

Don
Sorry, judging from your earlier posts I didn't think you were on the Samesung upgrade program already. Yea, if you went down the cpw route you'd still have to carry on paying off your Note 8. It would still work out cheaper overall - you'd pay the £33 odd for another 12 months + £264 now (£660 odd) vs another £899 spread over 24 months if you used the upgrade program.

And by deal do you mean the 0% on the Samsung Upgrade Program? As far as I know it's always been 0%. If you're on it now with your Note 8 you shouldn't be pay any interest. If you mean the cpw trade-in deal then I'm not 100% sure but I think it's just for pre-orders on the Note 9 that they're given £200 extra on top of the £375 trade-in value.

Associate
The CPW deal, am I correct In thinking I have to pay the full amount upfront and then I get the cash back when I trade in my note 8?

I have a note 8 currently but this year im thinking of going back to iPhone or the new pixel. I doubt very much id get £575 for the 8 as I have a a chip out of one corner so this may be the best route for me.

Trade in my 8 and then sell the note 9.

Soldato
From what I've read you pay the full price for the phone then when you send your old phone back they pay you the cash for it.

I'm currently contemplating trading in my note 8 for the 9. £575 is a good price for trade in IMO even though I originally had no intention of getting a note 9.

Soldato
I'm still rocking an LG G4, fairly happy with it (especially the camera) but it's getting very slow, very quickly (after resets). This is tempting especially as CPW will give me £225 for it...

Still, I have loads of old phones in a cupboard as well. Google Nexus One is valued at £3 so £203 isn't bad :p

Associate
Just a bump.

If you have the 'Samsung Members' app you can get Pie beta installed now :)

I just downloaded it, registered to be apart of the program, did a manual update check and there it was!

EDIT: Sorry for massive image!

Ci5lzMb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom