**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Caporegime
I don't like curved displays as they distort the image. Don't see the attraction at all.

This is a Note phone, a phablet for professional use, not a gimmicky teenagers' toy.

Also the spec doesn't seem that much of a leap over my Note 4. The problem is that I need a new Note phone...

Soldato
I don't like curved displays as they distort the image. Don't see the attraction at all.

This is a Note phone, a phablet for professional use, not a gimmicky teenagers' toy.
Totally agree.
Should be flat screen and the "normal" aspect ratio for the note series. Keep all the gimmicky stuff nobody asked for on the S series.

Soldato
Maybe its just me but at the quoted price of around £1000 for this I feel that they should have added a lot more boosts over the S8. they made it 0.1 inch bigger but I wish they would have used the older aspect ratio. Its far too similar to the S8+ for my liking.
I agree with the above, keep the bezels just as small but have the note be the normal aspect ratio and a flat not curves screen.

It always seems to be the same with these phones. We get these leaks at first with all these upgrades and then the official specs come out and there so disappointing.
I took my S8+ back to wait for the Note8 but now I'm not so sure I want to change my Note4 for it.

Associate
i've always wanted to move from the standard s series to the note one but with the note 5, note 7 and note 8 it's pointless as they are now just the same galaxy phone as the s series with a pen.

it's time they ditched the series and put made 2 devices released at the same time. for example in march/april 2018 release tbhese 3 devices

galaxy s9 note (a big s9 with a pen. this would be the old note and plus models combined. it would have an extra bg of ram and 128gb of onboard storage)
galaxy s9 (1gb of ram less than the above and 64gb storage. everything else would be the same)
galaxy s9 mini ( the same as the above device but 32gb storage and smaller battery to fit in smaller frame. maybe a downgraded screen resolution. the budget option)

Soldato
I don't like the carrier / shops exclusivity when it comes to colours.

Secondly I echo the sentiments of the curved screen being too much of a distraction and gimmicky.

Seeing this is supposed to be a business / professionals orientated phone Samsung should have kept to a high specced flat screen.

Caporegime
I need managed to use my note 4 for much more than very basic note taking and doodling on photos. If anything was a gimmick, for me it was the stylus. It was too innacurate and the display was too small for any professional use. I'm not going to miss it.
I've got hundreds of pages of notes from meetings at work, taken using the stylus, and all instantly searchable based on key word.

It really is brilliant for taking notes and I can only assume that people who struggle to use it for this struggle to coordinate the stylus with enough accuracy.

Soldato
I've got hundreds of pages of notes from meetings at work, taken using the stylus, and all instantly searchable based on key word.

It really is brilliant for taking notes and I can only assume that people who struggle to use it for this struggle to coordinate the stylus with enough accuracy.

Nice, i see what you did there :o

Anyway, no I had no such issues with moving the stylus...and I can notes take all day long on my surface pro 4 :o I guess i'm just used to more suitable devices for the job.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nice, i see what you did there :o

Anyway, no I had no such issues with moving the stylus...and I can notes take all day long on my surface pro 4 :o I guess i'm just used to more suitable devices for the job.
Nobody said it was the best note taker. There are clearly more suitable devices for this.

However if you only want to carry around a phone at work and not a 10" slab of plastic between meetings, then there's nothing better at doing both jobs.

Assuming you don't have the handwriting of my 3 year old.

Associate
Just me or does it look extremely long and thin ? I won't be going near it if the battery is smaller than the s8+ since the s8+ struggles to get to the end of the day.

Associate
And Samsungs really aren't that good at battery deterioration.
think its a fact of samsung thinking "better to be safe than sorry" these days with the batteries haha, new phones last exactly the same amount of time as phones did 5 years ago infact my lg g2 has lasted longer than s5 s6edgeplus and my s8+ with the same use.

Back
Top Bottom