Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
I'm on the fence at moment tho I noticed Vodafone are doing £450 trade on the Note 8 which would tempt me

Addition of Bluetooth S-pen and features it might bring loo tempting too

Will just have to wait and see

Soldato
OP

https://www.gsmarena.com/sasmung_ga...elease_date_in_poland_revealed-news-32184.php

So another rumour it will be same price as Note 8

During the pre-brief, the spokesperson mentioned a price of PLN 4,299 ($1,158/€990) for the base version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage - it appears that the Note9 will cost about the same as its predecessor when launched. It's expected to hit the Polish market on August 24 with pre-orders starting on the same day of the annoucement - August 9.

In addition, a local store confirmed the exact same price, so we have a good reason to believe the rumors.

Man of Honour
https://www.gsmarena.com/sasmung_ga...elease_date_in_poland_revealed-news-32184.php

So another rumour it will be same price as Note 8

During the pre-brief, the spokesperson mentioned a price of PLN 4,299 ($1,158/€990) for the base version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage - it appears that the Note9 will cost about the same as its predecessor when launched. It's expected to hit the Polish market on August 24 with pre-orders starting on the same day of the annoucement - August 9.

In addition, a local store confirmed the exact same price, so we have a good reason to believe the rumors.

Just checked and that was £869 from Samsung last year. Hopefully they'll offer another goodie again for early orders.

Soldato
OP
I suppose this was inevitable

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_is...alaxy_s_line_with_the_note_one-news-32332.php

According to the Korean media, The Bell, Samsung's Vice Chairman, Jay Lee, is looking to merge the mainstream Galaxy S flagship lineup and the S Pen-carrying Galaxy Note family. There are several reasons why this sounds logical.

Firstly, the Chinese vendors are taking a massive chunk of Samsung's market share in the low-end and mid-range segment while users looking for flagship models frown at the ever-rising prices. Secondly, since last year, a good part of the community struggles to find any compelling reason to jump on the Note8 instead of settling for the Galaxy S8+.

We are going to see the same thing happening this year with the Note9 and the S9+ if the former turns out to be as closely positioned to its sibling as its predecessor. Reportedly, Samsung realizes this and has set a goal of just 12 million sales for the Note9 - a minor improvement over the 11 million of Galaxy Note8.

And lastly, this seems to be in line with the earlier reports of Samsung launching not two but three Galaxy S10 variants and the S10+ carrying a bigger display.

So if Samsung decides to go down that path, we can expect the Galaxy S10+ to come with the most iconic Note feature - the S Pen. That means that users looking for the classic Galaxy S10 flagship experience will go for the regular S10, those wanting to save a few bucks will choose the budget S10 and Note users will get the big S10+.

Soldato
OP
https://www.sammobile.com/2018/07/23/512gb-galaxy-note-9-price-base-model-storage

A new report has brought some information about the different Galaxy Note 9 storage variants and their prices. It was rumored a few times that there’s going to be a 512GB Galaxy Note 9 and the report claims that it will indeed be available. Another interesting claim made is that the base model, which previously had 64GB of internal storage, will now have 128GB onboard.

That’s going to be a big step up for Samsung’s flagship phablet and its smartphone lineup as a whole. Customers will get considerable bang for their buck in the storage department but the prices mentioned in the report will likely make some customers think twice before purchasing the device.

512GB Galaxy Note 9 price
Previous rumors suggested that the 512GB Galaxy Note 9 would also feature 8GB of RAM. The report doesn’t mention anything about the RAM, only that there’s going to be a 512GB model which will be available in black or blue colors. The 512GB Galaxy Note 9 price in Europe will reportedly be 1250 euro ($1460).

OUCH

Caporegime
I know no one is been forced to buy one but it's still silly and what about the Galaxy X next year. So in the space of a few years we've gone from a flagship Apple phone costing £500-600 to a flagship Samsung costing three times as much.

Soldato
OP
I know no one is been forced to buy one but it's still silly and what about the Galaxy X next year. So in the space of a few years we've gone from a flagship Apple phone costing £500-600 to a flagship Samsung costing three times as much.

I'll probably end up waiting for next note with the galaxy s10/x specs tho if I can get £450 for my Note 8 off Vodafone I will jump to the Note 9. I will be buying the Galaxy watch when its announced next month

Back
Top Bottom