• Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

L33

L33

Permabanned
Found it! Hard to capture in photos unless light is shining on the edge, but all of the edges and corners have completely worn of all alcantara grain, and the back is patchy in general. The bottom corners are completely worn through to the plastic inner chassis

YhqZvfcl.jpg
0uEd4dXl.jpg

Soldato
What launcher are people using on the Note? Or any of the recent Samsung devices for that matter. When I last had a Samsung I ran Nova launcher as I found it much better than the default. I've since been using Pixels and love the simplicity of the Pixel launcher. So what's the new Note one like in comparison?

Soldato
I'm not overly familiar with it but things like that 'wheel' that pops up when you undock the pen. The screen capture feature as well. I remember on my S6 edge that the edge menu didn't work with nova, which is understandable as it was part of the Samsung launcher. I'm just curious if the S-pen is the same.

Soldato
Not really, popped a 128GB SD card in & I have all the onboard storage I want.
Add to the fact in have 1tb of cloud storage, I really can't see why anyone would need more.
It just a case of the onboard storage is meant to be far faster then a microSD card (something like 100mb/s vs 300mb/s)

I been trying to find reviews with speed tests done on the onboard storage but there doesn't seem to be any :(

Soldato
100mb/sec transfer speed should be more than enough I would have thought. But I'm no expert so I may well be wrong. :D

I use the SD card mainly for photos & general apps etc so the speed isn't really an issue, even when games are installed on the card I've not noticed any slowdown etc.

Soldato
It just a case of the onboard storage is meant to be far faster then a microSD card (something like 100mb/s vs 300mb/s)

I been trying to find reviews with speed tests done on the onboard storage but there doesn't seem to be any :(

I also understand that apps HAVE to be installed on the onboard memory - there is some stipulation like that Im sure.

I have to admit I was really wanting a 256GB - Im going to download over 100Gb of music onto the phone straight away (I think Tidal will also only use onboard memory as well and not additional cards) - bit annoying that Samsung missed an obvious choice just to make an extra few $$$

Going to swap my current S7Edge for a Black Note 9 512Gb , just have to decide on the case - contract ends next Friday, was hoping CPW would get one in stock for me for the day, but for some reason they wont which is a little annoying. Would make absolutely no difference to them one way or the other.

Soldato
I'm not sure how it's an 'obvious choice'. I honestly think you're the only person I've seen asking for one. Can't be that obvious?

Would seem odd (well, just bad actually) if tidal wouldn't allow music to be stored on a memory card? If you can use over 128gb in apps alone, I'd be impressed...

Back
Top Bottom