Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Down to 25% or dropped by 25%

I'll be honest, my battery life seems much the same as before. I've not had the phone long but battery life has always been excellent. :)

Down by 25%, not much better today. Hopefully Sammy will bring out another update soon to address it if it's a widespread problem.

Soldato
OP
Galaxy Note 9 users in Germany were one of the first to get the much-awaited OneUI-based Android Pie update. Today, a new update is available for German Note 9 users. This is the second minor software update for the Note 9 following its initial Android Pie release. It has little in the way of changes and new features and appears to be a quality-of-life update. The update is available over the air and should make its way to other regions in the next few days.

The update carries build number N960FXXU2CSA7 and weighs in at 129.42MB. The changelog isn’t particularly descriptive about what changes it brings, so they’re most likely bug fixes and optimizations

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/02/01/galaxy-note-9-new-pie-update-january-security-patch/

Associate
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I received the Android Pie 9 update today and it has put 2 side notes on my screens when touched just vibrate, similar to the edge panel notch.

the problem is these are getting in the way of apps especially messaging apps and it it causing major problems sending messages.

anyone know what these are and how to turn them off?

Soldato
OP
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I received the Android Pie 9 update today and it has put 2 side notes on my screens when touched just vibrate, similar to the edge panel notch.

the problem is these are getting in the way of apps especially messaging apps and it it causing major problems sending messages.

anyone know what these are and how to turn them off?

Did you have Good lock 2018 installed ?

Associate
Go into developer settings and increase DPI to 512. Beautifully crisp then though may be too sharp for some. Try 452 if 512 is too sharp
Top man! 452 it is, 512 left too much empty space for me.

Also if anyone has an issue with the call screen flickering when making or receiving a call, you may have to increase the Animator Duration Scale to 0.5x from 0.

Permabanned
Anyone notice the battery management for background apps is worse now? I had to remove tune-in radio as it was draining a 3rd of my battery life even though I was actively killing it off after use.

Caporegime
This is why I treat every major Android update with suspicion :p because as long as I can remember, my battery gets noticeably worse or I have some weird issue with the battery.

Permabanned
This is why I treat every major Android update with suspicion :p because as long as I can remember, my battery gets noticeably worse or I have some weird issue with the battery.

This happens with every major update it seems, even updates that are meant to improve battery live. I'm going to see how it fairs over the next week, might be isolated to the one app, we'll see.

Associate
I'm struggling to setup notification alerts, does anyone know how you setup a custom alert sound for things like messaging and email etc ? I've copied and pasted the sound files into the notification folder in Samsung, i can change it to the sound file without a problem but it keeps playing the default sound alert for things like text messages and email etc when the custom one is selected. I've tried just about everything i can think of hence why i thought i'd give it a shot here.

Associate
I know that happens if you put sound files in the system/media folder in a rooted phone and they don't have the right permissions.

In that case they need Read permissions for Owner, Group and Global and Write permissions for Owner. You can assign the permissions in Solid Explorer attributes (Prpoerties). I wasn't aware that the permissions needed changing if the files were simply in the internal drive.

Caporegime
I'm struggling to setup notification alerts, does anyone know how you setup a custom alert sound for things like messaging and email etc ? I've copied and pasted the sound files into the notification folder in Samsung, i can change it to the sound file without a problem but it keeps playing the default sound alert for things like text messages and email etc when the custom one is selected. I've tried just about everything i can think of hence why i thought i'd give it a shot here.

I remember having to install a 3rd party explorer in order to correctly select the sounds I wanted and for them to work in the past. I basically skipped the Samsung way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom