*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Caporegime
You really do need to give android at least a few days to get use to it if coming from 4 years of using iOS :p

You will be thinking to yourself "why did I stick to apple for so long" :p

Associate
well, let 720p vids play non stop yest on this in airplane mode, max brightness (like i was on a plane) and was impressed! played for 11 hours 38 mins before it hit 5%. so say 12 hours video playback.

nice.no need for a laptop to play vids on a flight anymore. just this and a spare battery for when i get off the plane :)

Soldato
First time android handset user here, just bought a SIM free one here in Malaysia for £490 with the flip case in Titanium

Prior to this had iPhone 4 + 9900, iPhone 3GS + 9700

Main reason for switching was the iPhone 4 had terrible battery life , at least this should last longer and can carry a spare if need be :)

Soldato
First time android handset user here, just bought a SIM free one here in Malaysia for £490 with the flip case in Titanium

Prior to this had iPhone 4 + 9900, iPhone 3GS + 9700

Main reason for switching was the iPhone 4 had terrible battery life , at least this should last longer and can carry a spare if need be :)

Please let me know how you find the transition from iOS to android :)

Soldato
Please let me know how you find the transition from iOS to android :)

So far I'm finding it more difficult to find the programs I'm looking for , but I'm sure that'll change once I'll get used to the different menus/screens

I have a lot of Google Apps accounts so I'm expecting integration with these to be better on Android than on IOS

And obviously the maps is 100x better than the ones on IOS 6 so far! (especially for Malaysia)

But at least there's far more options to customise on Android which I like.

For some reason I keep making A LOT of typing mistakes , maybe need to adjust to the keyboard. I'm too use to auto correct even though I used to always complain about it

Edit : Oh and I'll pick up a spare battery or 2 for when I go travelling / longer flights, luckily I can get these fairly cheap :D

Last edited:
Soldato
well, let 720p vids play non stop yest on this in airplane mode, max brightness (like i was on a plane) and was impressed! played for 11 hours 38 mins before it hit 5%. so say 12 hours video playback.

nice.no need for a laptop to play vids on a flight anymore. just this and a spare battery for when i get off the plane :)

That's superb. I was watching That's it That's all (720p) at work yesterday and amazing the phone skips through the video smoother than my desktop. Just burns through it. Still waiting for the first trip of the winter to properly put it to the test though!

Associate
Took the plunge and got a note 2 off gumtree. £400 on giffgaff £15pm. Ordered a flip case and a pouch. Will it fit in pouch with flip case? Also ordered screen protectors.

Also, is "that's it, that's all" any good? Sorry for OT!

Transmission breaker
Don
Had to give back my test device earlier this week, was missing it, even though i currently have a pebble blue S3 so I upgraded my omnia 7 to the NoteII in titanium today. Got it through orange, arrives on Monday :D

Associate
Man I am so jealous of all you guys getting your phones! I have to wait for EE to launch to get my switch over done, can't wait any longer! Anyone got any pictures or anything to share? drawings? anything! :p

Also I don't suppose anyone has a titanium grey version with a clear gel/tpu case on it? Was wondering how it would look. I have a solid black tpu case on my blue S3 and it kinda gives it a worse look I think.

With a clear you might be able to see the phone more I thought, hmm, thanks.

And the post about battery life is great!

Soldato
Anyone know where I can get the best deal on an Note 2 and order it right now!

Too subjective a question. Are you interested in data or minutes/texts? MPD have it free, on a the Full Monty £36 which gives you 900 mins, unlimited texts and data with no fair use policy, but no data tethering allowed. It's what I'll likely be going for.

Associate
Too subjective a question. Are you interested in data or minutes/texts? MPD have it free, on a the Full Monty £36 which gives you 900 mins, unlimited texts and data with no fair use policy, but no data tethering allowed. It's what I'll likely be going for.

I mainly need I guess the priority is internet/calls/texts.

I would say about 700mb, 200mins, 50 texts...

Back
Top Bottom