*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What?

Do give it a rest please. I knew exactly what you were trying to say but not quite sure why you were making out that these batteries are about to be some kind of new thing when there's no evidence to support such a claim.
Are you forgetting a Note 1 existed before the 2 and that extended batteries weren't exactly walking off the shelves for that either? The same applies to the S3 range of third party batteries.

Also you should ask yourself if English is your first language. Ever heard of paragraphs?

You're new so I'll let this one slide.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Err, cause maybe some people going away for an extended period of time (drive to Europe/flight to Australia/Camping, etc) may not wish to take a charger (or even have access to a power outlet), or others may prefer not to have to charge their phone each night? Sure you can have spare batteries, but choice is always nice, yes?

As for bulk, after all the crap the non believers threw towards the Note series when it was announced, and since, surely Note users should have the ability to keep an open mind to what others view as excessive when it comes to size, thickness, weight?

Extended batteries have been around for a very long time and have never really taken off due to bulk, there's no evidence to suggest this will change by strapping on extra bulk to an already large device. It's all fair and well getting upset with mrk but his view is the general consensus.

Last edited:
Associate
After being a Apple guy for so long, I have finally gone to the dark/light side and purchased one of these bad boys.

Now I haven't got a clue where to start regarding this phone so any help on the must have's would be awesome thanks.

In the mean time ill read this thread!

Soldato
After being a Apple guy for so long, I have finally gone to the dark/light side and purchased one of these bad boys.

Now I haven't got a clue where to start regarding this phone so any help on the must have's would be awesome thanks.

In the mean time ill read this thread!

I asked the same questions a few weeks ago when I picked up my new phone, coming from ios, I hadn't any experience of android.

My advice would be to spend a couple of days familiarising yourself with the phone first. Work out what you want to do with it, then root, custom ROM, 3rd party launcher and backup to your heart's content.

CERBERUS, on a rooted phone, would be the one essential app I recommend. mrk provided 2 excellent links to guides on rooting and custom roms, a couple of pages back.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Disaster has found its way on to my Note II once again in the form of some kind of battle scars. Taking it out of my pocket while walking up the stairs at work and it slipped out of my hand slamming on to the brick flooring. It fell to pieces, battery cover flew off, battery flew out, Nilkin case a foot away...

The screen is still scratch free, but there is a little nick and the case is busted.

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/A26A1542.jpg[img]

[img]http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/A26A1544.jpg[img]

One thing is for sure, Gorilla Glass II is scratch resistant!
[/QUOTE]
That's what you get for buying a useless case :p

Man of Honour
Err, cause maybe some people going away for an extended period of time (drive to Europe/flight to Australia/Camping, etc) may not wish to take a charger (or even have access to a power outlet), or others may prefer not to have to charge their phone each night? Sure you can have spare batteries, but choice is always nice, yes?

As for bulk, after all the crap the non believers threw towards the Note series when it was announced, and since, surely Note users should have the ability to keep an open mind to what others view as excessive when it comes to size, thickness, weight?

You may not agree that it will make a lot of people happy, and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but the masses and the majority of tech reporters said the same about the Note. Feel free to keep an eye on Amazon review numbers over the next few months, and you'll see I am correct that this WILL make a lot of people happy.

Here is a wee review for others to view:

http://galaxynotetips.com/zerolemon...tery-for-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-review-video/

Flyer01

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

That rubber case is absolutely horrendous! It's so loose and flimsy!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's what you get for buying a useless case :p

Pfft.

Got this in now which is barely any thicker than the Nilkin but protects all adges!

A26A1680.jpg

A26A1661.jpg

A26A1656.jpg

A26A1668.jpg

A26A1654.jpg

Review here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40448936#post40448936
It very much reminds me of the Galaxy S2's Walnutt Bumper case. That case was excellent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pfft.

Got this in now which is barely any thicker than the Nilkin but protects all adges!
[snip]

looks decent.
does it add a lot to the whole phone ?
have to say that Nilkin doesn't look bad. When I had a look on bay and other retailers, all stock photos don’t show it 'properly'

I'm waiting for two cases myself but ones with 'patterns' on them so will see how they will look like...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't find it adds much size to the phone really, it's barely any thicker than the Nilkin but this afternoon I'll measure both with a digital gauge to confirm exactly how much. Guesstimate would be about 1mm or less increase in thickness.

It's curvier so has a different feel to it of course and I agree that the Nilkin does look great, probably the best looking case for the phone.

I do find it more comfortable typing with the Samsung case on but overall the Nilkin has more grip as the back isn't glossy.

Soldato
I don't find it adds much size to the phone really, it's barely any thicker than the Nilkin but this afternoon I'll measure both with a digital gauge to confirm exactly how much. Guesstimate would be about 1mm or less increase in thickness.

It's curvier so has a different feel to it of course and I agree that the Nilkin does look great, probably the best looking case for the phone.

I do find it more comfortable typing with the Samsung case on but overall the Nilkin has more grip as the back isn't glossy.

anyone seen these ??
linky
I have to say on photos, those cases look amazing...
can;t find them in UK to try...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They do look good but two things :D

1: If I wanted an uncomfortable phone to hold I'd choose an iPhone :p
2: Those will give me frostbite using the phone outside with the weather we've had recent months!

Soldato
They do look good but two things :D

1: If I wanted an uncomfortable phone to hold I'd choose an iPhone :p
2: Those will give me frostbite using the phone outside with the weather we've had recent months!

1- might be uncomfortable due to size,true
2 - that would teach you not to walk and txt at same time ;)

mine - mobile, is due for delivery today...can't wait!!! been suing SE c902 for last few days :)

Associate
Well I'm loving it so far after playing with it since 5pm yesterday. I'm off out today to get a memory card for it, any I should or shouldn't get???

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Compare prices online as high street prices week be over inflated!

Most people have the SanDisk sdxc variants as they're reliable and speedy.

Back
Top Bottom