*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm due my upgrade now, so have to upgrade in a couple of weeks.
Definitely want the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in Titanium Grey.

The only issue is that I would like a 32GB phone. The 16GB version only has 10.5GB total space. Once you add all the standard apps - chrome, productivity, news.... it will possibly only use around 100-200mb max. Then I might get a tomtom app - 300mb. So with those apps it'll mean I'll have 10GB free. I'd like to put my music directly on the phone too, so over the next couple of years, that'll build up to a max of 4/5 GB I'm guessing. So that leaves around 5GB on the phone free.

Another point being, will I be able to store the pictures and videos specifically on the micro sd card when they're taken instead of on the internal storage?

But I might have almost 10GB worth of games (Nova3 , Asphalt 7, Max payne, Modern Combat 3, Gangstar Rio, Gta 3, Real racing 2 (3 when it comes out) and maybe a couple more.

Then when i put my 64gb micro sd card, which will contain some photos I put on, videos I copy over, I could copy the complete games over to the sd card using Link2SD or GL to SD.

So does this mean the games, when played will only load up slightly faster but not make the phone lag any more? The card will be a 64GB sandisk class 10 microsd.

So I'm guessing 64GB micro sd - 60GB total space, 45/50GB used up easily (10gb large games, 25gb tv shows and movies, 10GB pictures just put on and pictures+videos taken etc...). Sounds fine but hmmph :p

Any news on the 32GB version with the Carrier O2? Even Sim-free, or with any other carriers in the UK? Just wondering if the 32GB is coming anytime soon :(

I'll try to get the Note II Titanium Grey 32GB if I can, since it's just a headache transferring games and having to worry about internal space.

Any comments? Do you think I'll have any issues with space and is it easy to transfer these large games onto a micro sd card, will games lag or play any differently once loaded?
Shame there's no 128GB miro sd card out yet ;)
I'm sure it'll work on the Note 2 :D

Last edited:
Associate
Yes they can :)

I'd love to punch Samsung's head guy in the face for not having the Grey and higher storage models from launch day.

Absolutely. It's so daft how they didn't have the Titanium Grey at the Flagship store, and even after having announced the 32GB and 64GB variants, they haven't given us ANY information as to when they'll have them in stock. This is a multimedia phone/tablet and Samsung's flagship mobile device.

I'll still get the Grey variant on my contract, but I might just have to wait a week or two.
That's the only thing Apple can get right, by at least having both the colour variants and storage capacities available at launch.

It's pretty disappointing, and I hope that the 32GB version, at least will be released in the next few days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely. It's so daft how they didn't have the Titanium Grey at the Flagship store, and even after having announced the 32GB and 64GB variants, they haven't given us ANY information as to when they'll have them in stock. This is a multimedia phone/tablet and Samsung's flagship mobile device.

I'll still get the Grey variant on my contract, but I might just have to wait a week or two.
That's the only thing Apple can get right, by at least having both the colour variants and storage capacities available at launch.

It's pretty disappointing, and I hope that the 32GB version, at least will be released in the next few days.

I get the feeling that Samsung have rushed out the Note2 in order to steal just a piece of the iphone5's thunder. Whereas Apple have fabricated enough units to match the (considerable) demand for their product, Samsung are pushing out the "few" units they have in a staggered worldwide release, with other models and memory-size variants held back in order to further stagger demand.

Associate
I have just viewed the Three website and taken a look at the Note II. When selecting the 'One Plan' tariff, you also have the option of selecting the tethering addon for an additional £5 per month. I thought tethering was free on the Three 'One Plan' tariff? Hoping free tethering hasn't been removed due to the Note II being new.

Last edited:
Associate
Those who've ordered a grey Note 2 from Handtec, have you received an despatch notification/confirmation email yet?

It's 6:35pm and still no confirmation email yet. =/

Associate
Your GPSK parcel xxxxxxx will be delivered on 2nd Oct by DPD. To change date TEXT 1=3rd Oct 2=4th Oct 3=5th Oct

got this text an hour ago:p

Soldato
Hello All,

Decided to go for the Note II (after much pondering), I currently use less than:

300 mins
Text (Unlimited – hardly use any)
250mb Data

I’ve seen the above with a Note II for (T Mobile):
£159 upfront for the phone
£21 a month (24 months).

However, for a £100 more (over the full contract) I can get:

400 mins
Text (Unlimited)
750mb Data
BT Open Zone and 2 Swappable’s (Orange Panther 31)

£129 upfront for the phone
£26 a month (24 months).

Very tempted to go for the Orange deal, anyone know of a better deal or want to put me off Orange? (seems worth it for the Open Zone)

Cheers

Associate
Well, went to the 3 store today and the chap said they don't sell them sim free, went next door, Phones4U had some for £560, went the other next door and CPW did them for £550, ended up getting it for £550, upgrading my 3 contract which is up in a week, to a monthly rolling one with 200 mins, 5000 texts and unlimited data for £12.90 a month, so happy chappy here.

Soldato
400 mins
Text (Unlimited)
750mb Data
BT Open Zone and 2 Swappable’s (Orange Panther 31)

£129 upfront for the phone
£26 a month (24 months).

Very tempted to go for the Orange deal, anyone know of a better deal or want to put me off Orange? (seems worth it for the Open Zone)

Cheers

You can get:

300mins
unlimited texts
1.5Gb data

for £31 per month, with a free handset, from buymobilephones.net, on T-mobile.

Works out very slightly cheaper (the extra £5 per month is £120 over a 24 month contract), and the cost is more distributed. really depends whether you're more likely to use the 100 extra minutes, or the 750Mb data.

Back
Top Bottom