**** The Official Sony Xperia™ XZ3 Thread ****

Soldato
I could not find a thread on this phone so I decided to make one

I think its an excellent phone although I am not too happy with the Samsung clone look and 4GB ram, still think Sony could have used their old box design with no top and bottom bezels and could have made a better phone rather than this S9 clone look alike. Some Sony design concepts on the internet are just drop dead amazing.

https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-xz3/#gref

I want to buy one but have just found out that the Asian model will have 6GB ram instead of the 4GB for the European and American, which is so ridiculous.

Soldato
OP
Yup, and that looks like a very serious joint effort of giants like Panasonic and Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi (JDI).

There should also be another joint venture between Sharp and another Japanese company going to produce OLED panels, this is due to start making screen in 2020?

also there also a Chinese company too joining oled screen for phones. I would not be surprised if over the next few years OLED screen will take over LCD screen completely apart from the most budget screens.

EDIT
Sharp to churn out OLED screens for its smartphones
https://asia.nikkei.com/Editor-s-Pi...to-churn-out-OLED-screens-for-its-smartphones

Soldato
OP
My brother has this phone and I am not sure why anyone would complain about the phones weight unless you have a condition that prevents your from picking up a phone that does not weigh as much as large chocolate bar, then fair enough.

Its an excellent phone, but its basically just a another samsung S9 clone.

The only issue I have with the phone is the thinness, its so thin that its bordering uncomfortable. I suppose this could be because I am coming from Z5 compact. But thicker phones are way more comfortable to hold.

The screen amazing
the battery life is also great, can you find better out there sure. But 20 and 22 or 24 hours is splitting hairs.
The design is disappointing for me, they just copied the samsung s9. I get a feeling this was a tester phone for them and its success might decide the next phone design. They should have just reduced the borders of the XZ5 and made it slightly thinner with larger battery. Some of the concept phones out there are excellent.

not we have a market full of s9 clones. But samsungs future foldable phone might be excellent.

Soldato
OP
Sony new range of phones are a big gamble. The new screen format while good for movies is terrible for everything else, just too tall and narrow. Surfing the web on it will be very restrictive and cramped and others. The phones are going to feel strange in your pocket being so tall.

Just baffles the mind. I seriously see the end of Sony as a phone company soon. Just like their VAIO laptop division. Their TV division was not performing too well either.

Soldato
OP
Woah just clocked this thread. Narrow and tall is a slim (lol) market segment.
For anyone who doesn't consume much video on their phone surely this is a backwards step?

Its a huge gamble by sony and I hope for them it pays off. I just feel sony is constantly getting it wrong with their phone division. Back when they were making the XZ phones, everyone kept saying to sony get rid of the borders and make the phone more compact, it was the slow trend to borderless screens. They resisted and they now they have jumped on. With sony they either follow trends too slowly or try to set new trends. Trend setting is risky business, just as SEGA.

then they release a XZ3 last year and it was what i can basically describe as a sumsung CLONE, this is not what the market segment wanted, everyone was screaming for sonys more squarish design but with NO borders.

This year they make a Giraffe phone.:eek:

I would have not risked the whole line up with this new Giraffe design philosophy, but rather just one of the phones to asses the market. Its risky business setting trends if it back fires it could cause Sony phone division to fall and be sold off to some Chinese company.

Back
Top Bottom