*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Just bought Tetris Effect Connected, 50% off right now, great game to play on the deck.

lol I did the same yesterday, Thought it would be a good game to christen the Deck with.

Edit -

Also little tip, the default view imo is very small on the Deck, you can go into options, gameplay, scroll down to camera zoom and you can zoom in a lot more to enlarge the size of the Tetris playing field.

Last edited:
Apparently Valve has shipped a million steam decks
That's wayyy less than I was expecting given how long it took for them to get shipping out and to catch up stock wise.
I bet they would have shipped more if it wasn't for stock issues.

Plenty got fed up of waiting and cancelled. Also higher energy prices wasn't a thing when the Deck was announced, so people had to shift their priorities since then.

I've just had an email saying something is coming from ingrammicro. Steam tracking says it's not been sent yet, and this will only be day 3 so seems a bit early. Haven't ordered anything else though.

Apparently Valve has shipped a million steam decks
That's wayyy less than I was expecting given how long it took for them to get shipping out and to catch up stock wise.
Wow, when you consider the pandemic effects and the fact it was a speculative product, I think ramping up to that sort of scale is pretty amazing. Sony shipped 2 million PS5s in Q4 2021 in the chip shortage, and that's a behemoth company with a product that's already a slam dunk success. For a comparatively small non-hardware biased company like Valve to get within an order of magnitude is excellent.

Also a million units is great for us owners- a common hardware platform is easier to optimise for, and game developers will want to exploit that userbase.

I've just had an email saying something is coming from ingrammicro. Steam tracking says it's not been sent yet, and this will only be day 3 so seems a bit early. Haven't ordered anything else though.

Interesting, would make sense from them to hand off distribution to someone like IngramMicro if they've got them in stock now, certainly could make things quicker

I feel like I'm just gonna buy some of the games again if I have to as I have had too many issues with some of the games from Epic or GOG etc. Heroic and Lutris etc is just too inconsistent for me.

Ok after a day of use: I absolutely love it. I can't believe the power it puts out....
Didn't realise there was so much you can do in Steam OS with regards to Lutris etc. Still finding out more things but this machine does way more than just play games. I thought I was going to need Windows but so far so good. Could always dual boot if I need.
Tried Path of Exile too it runs fantastic. Controller support is brilliant too.
More to come..

Last edited:
I feel like I'm just gonna buy some of the games again if I have to as I have had too many issues with some of the games from Epic or GOG etc. Heroic and Lutris etc is just too inconsistent for me.
I agree ive already bought about 5 games that i got fee on Epic on Steam, Have the Witcher on GOG but now wanting to buy it on steam lol

Mine turned up today, had a firmware update, doesn't display on my tv. Need to go and try it on a different one, but a quick search looks like there is issues with LG screens. Mine is the LG48CX, tried different cables/inputs, nothing!

EDIT: Ah well, looks like it's going back. Used the cheapy Sabrent dock I bought a few month ago and works fine with the Steam Deck. Tried the Dock on a Panasonic TV and it's a screen full of artifacts/lines/flickering all over the screen, looking like a pc with a borked gfx card! Something else to RMA, great :(

I have a LG C1 and reading this and @Spleen Sauce experience has dampened my excitement a tad! :(

My Steam dock turned up yesterday, so in light of the above, leaving it until the weekend to try, will report back with experience.

Did you try another HDMI cable - sorry if a daft observation!

Back
Top Bottom