*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
i wouldnt mind having the EA App on mine so do i just download the installed and add it as a non steam game? or do i have to install it in desktop mode and then select the .exe as a non steam game?

what about Epic? same process?
Boot into desktop mode and select the installer .exe as non steam game. Then install the game or games from within EA App. Once the games are installed you can add their .exes as non steam games also. I think there is a similar process for Epic but alternatively you can install a native app called Heroic Games Launcher which can link to Epic/GOG account to get their games on the deck.

Associate
Boot into desktop mode and select the installer .exe as non steam game. Then install the game or games from within EA App. Once the games are installed you can add their .exes as non steam games also. I think there is a similar process for Epic but alternatively you can install a native app called Heroic Games Launcher which can link to Epic/GOG account to get their games on the deck.

excellent thanks i will give it ago tonight

Associate
I tried the method above and once the app launches the login screen is just grey

Associate
@hyperseven that GitHub has been updated. You don't need to use autohotkey anymore. Some new tools: https://github.com/baldsealion/Steamdeck-Ultimate-Windows11-Guide/wiki/1.6-SteamDeck-Tools-Setup

Some good progress being made. It's not quite there for me to go back to Windows 11 fully quite yet, but its not far off.

Soldato
@hyperseven that GitHub has been updated. You don't need to use autohotkey anymore. Some new tools: https://github.com/baldsealion/Steamdeck-Ultimate-Windows11-Guide/wiki/1.6-SteamDeck-Tools-Setup

Been using that for the past couple of weeks, the guy is a machine and pumps out updates/releases on his Git nearly every day.

Soldato
Same here, it really makes Windows much more like SteamOS. I'm starting to wonder if I should just fully move to Windows eventually, but I do like playing around with Linux.

I really like the three-dot '...' menu where you can change stuff on the fly with the d-pad :cool:

Lost my menu entry to boot to SteamOS since 3.4, can still boot via the steamcl.efi file but would like it back :( Not using rEFInd.

Last edited:
Associate
Portals are something crazy like 85p if you've never played them before.
Thanks picked em up.. played portal a while back and never did get around to p2.

Has any one played gunborg? The aiming is so freaking strange with the right joystick and that moves 20-30% at a time ... and i am not sure what i need to change in sensitivity to bring it down.

Soldato
Lost my menu entry to boot to SteamOS since 3.4, can still boot via the steamcl.efi file but would like it back :( Not using rEFInd.
Try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsOnD...eres_how_to_restore_steamos_boot_entry_after/

I haven't done the update yet but will try it over the weekend. I'm not too fussed if I can't recover it personally, I've been playing around with the idea of partitioning more for Windows and having the entire SD card for SteamOS, since it's really only 1 game I need Windows for.

Associate
Really wanted to play Titanfall 2 but have an old steam account linked to my EA account so I can NEVER play a game that requires EA play on my SD ever again...

I set EA to ignore on the store and now half the front page is greyed out :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom