*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Hi,

Just updated my deck to 2tb and having a problem.

I'm trying to move all my games to the internal storage but 1 game keeps failing, it gets to about 99% then fails with a "Content file locked" error.

I've rebooted several times, cleared proton files, nothing seem to work.

Any ideas?
You have to move the files in the Compatdata folder for that game manually first and then it will work. I've not got access to the link right now, but if you google "Steam deck content file locked" there is a guide on how to sort it.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I managed to fix it my deleting the associated Compatdata folder.

I have another question about Emudeck.

With RPCS3 (PS3 emulator), once I've imported my ROMS into the emulator, do I need to keep the original ROM files, or can I delete them to save space?

Associate
Without going through pages upon pages, i'm tempted to buy a Steamdeck but won't be a hardcore user, maybe on holidays, once or twice a week or so, therefore what are the current thoughts on the bog standard 64gb version, still usuable or will I get annoyed by lack of space?
I realise I can mod it myself should I need to.

Soldato
They have only produced the expensive steam deck for months, it’s loooking more and more likely the bait and switch has been deployed with the cheaper models being unofficially discontinued.

Associate
They have only produced the expensive steam deck for months, it’s loooking more and more likely the bait and switch has been deployed with the cheaper models being unofficially discontinued.
The 64GB and 256GB are both available in the EU and US and have been for months. So I doubt they've been discontinued. This seems to be a UK thing for some reason where the cheaper models only become available for very short periods of time before selling out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I managed to fix it my deleting the associated Compatdata folder.

I have another question about Emudeck.

With RPCS3 (PS3 emulator), once I've imported my ROMS into the emulator, do I need to keep the original ROM files, or can I delete them to save space?
Pretty sure only the listing / game link is in RPCS3. If you remove (or mo e) the rom, it wont load (same as all emulators the title will appear but if you remove the file, well, its removed!)
Test it - Move a rom to a different folder or take out the mem card if the roms are on an sd card.

Soldato
£400+ for a 64gb?! There's a 512gb in the mm for 420 ffs
What the hell, £400 :D
2nd hand 64gb one for about £300 with memory card and maybe a case.
Then spent £103 on a 2TB drive.

Mine arrive, £103 delivered and took 9 days from Aliexpress.

Zi7XH2V.jpg

5clzZv8.jpg

Associate
Hello brexit
Nope, nothing to do with that. It's exactly the same situation with stock destined for Ireland who are in the EU. Anyway, the 64GB used to be easy to buy in the UK and Ireland.
The only conclusion I can come to is that the 512GB is a big seller in the UK and Ireland, freeing up stock of the 64GB and 256GB for other countries where there is more demand for those units.

Here is a screen shot just now showing the stock for Ireland.

DwePeRK.png

Associate
With the massive drop in SSD prices latley especially 2230 drives I think Valve needs to update that capacity lineup. Surely they can drop the 64GB for a start, up that to a proper 256GB SSD then 512GB and 1TB while maintaining current prices or very close to it. 256GB 2230 drives Ali can be had for £24, and with the massive ammount Valve needs surley they can get that even cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
With the massive drop in SSD prices latley especially 2230 drives I think Valve needs to update that capacity lineup. Surely they can drop the 64GB for a start, up that to a proper 256GB SSD then 512GB and 1TB while maintaining current prices or very close to it. 256GB 2230 drives Ali can be had for £24, and with the massive ammount Valve needs surley they can get that even cheaper.
SSD prices of the 2230 2tb is still over £200 quid

Back
Top Bottom