*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
I know mine was only an LCD deck but mine went via Netherlands with GLS and the tracking was woeful.

GLS received it on the 13th, there was no updates until the 17th, when they just announced they'd received the same package again. I took the tracking number to parcelforce and they said they'd got the parcel. It was eventually delivered on the 20th. I'd asked parcelforce to leave it at the depot but they brought it to my house!

Caporegime
just looked at the after ship app and it says NL to UK usually takes 9 days :eek:

i don't think it will take that long but what on earth takes it days to travel 420 miles

and to compare danny is 30 mins away with my DPD delivery

Ask UPS who took 10 weeks to send me something from Italy. lol

It's partly the paperwork post Brexit...you have paid a price which incl VAT and Duty, but as it is coming from Europe, they need to do the paperwork to get that over without an invoice added on top as it is "already paid", but the guy at the boarder doesn't know that until the paperwork is processed.

Before, it would just all get sent through as it was 1 single market.

This adds some time onto the process, and depends also the size of their operation.

Last edited:
Associate
Ask UPS who took 10 weeks to send me something from Italy. lol

It's partly the paperwork post Brexit...you have paid a price which incl VAT and Duty, but as it is coming from Europe, they need to do the paperwork to get that over without an invoice added on top as it is "already paid", but the guy at the boarder doesn't know that until the paperwork is processed.

Before, it would just all get sent through as it was 1 single market.

This adds some time onto the process, and depends also the size of their operation.
but when i order something from amazon and it comes from the EU its literally 1 or 2 days max

whats the old adage size doesn't matter but i suppose in this case being a huge worldwide business does help amazon in cutting pwork down

Soldato
but when i order something from amazon and it comes from the EU its literally 1 or 2 days max

whats the old adage size doesn't matter but i suppose in this case being a huge worldwide business does help amazon in cutting pwork down
Yes, but Amazon are at a scale where they will own the entirety of that supply network. They won't have to negotiate with shipping companies in Europe, over the border, and on this side of the border, each of which will require and review paperwork.

Caporegime

Like @manic111 says, they will have control over the logistic of the whole supply chain. So when your item was picked in Germany, the system knows VAT has been paid, and it will go straight through every step knowing the VAT has been paid.

When you go from 1 company to a 3rd party and then to another company in the UK who delivers it, each step requires checks to make sure all the paperwork is correct and all the fees has been paid.

With Amazon it's done at source, they know it's been done by the time it gets onto the lorry at the warehouse.

Soldato
Distance isn't really a factor, it's the bureaucracy. Buying items from China is no different (most of the time) than buying things from the EU now post Brexit.
In fact, it may be more straightforward as businesses have dealt with paperwork for stuff from China for years, whereas Brexit is a relatively new problem

Caporegime
In fact, it may be more straightforward as businesses have dealt with paperwork for stuff from China for years, whereas Brexit is a relatively new problem

True, less confusion, everyone knows where they stand and has been for years. Which was why my Piano stand from Italy took 10 weeks.....nobody knew what they were doing, UPS wanted my National Insurance number to clear customs!

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine still shows as having been entered into the GLS system, awaiting collection. Been that way since Monday morning. Like many others, my order went through at 18:23 on Thursday. I wonder if I'll get it this week? It's starting to look doubtful.

GLS = Glacial Logistics Service?

Last edited:
Associate
i still think theres a good chance for some of us tomorrow will be the day

they do seem to have all arrived and now its just logging them into the system and us getting a email with confirmation and deiivery time

Back
Top Bottom