*** The Official watchOS 11 Thread ***

Commissario
It’s out, go get it now. Mine updated really quickly compared to previous watchOS updates, perhaps they've finally sorted them so they go at a decent speed now.

Guys I use open walk workout a lot for walking the dog. Ever since os11 Miles has changed to km, I can’t seem to get it to change back?!

I had this. On the watch, open Settings, scroll right down to Workout, then scroll down to Units of Measure.
Mine was still set to miles for the Walking and Running but I toggled to km and back to miles and it seemed to apply that correctly.

I had this. On the watch, open Settings, scroll right down to Workout, then scroll down to Units of Measure.
Mine was still set to miles for the Walking and Running but I toggled to km and back to miles and it seemed to apply that correctly.

Yeah I’d seen it was set to miles so couldn’t understand. I’ve toggled it now so will see what happens when I walk the dog tomorrow. Thanks

I tend to listen to a lot of podcasts throughout the day and noticed now when I lift my watch to see the time it's always showing the 'swipe up widget menu' focused on the now playing widget, is there anyway to turn this off?

Last edited:
Yes. My U2 is using about 10% more battery per day.
Check under privacy in the watch app, they added automatic music recognition for the live stacks that will be using the microphone in the background.

To be fair to maximise battery and because I don’t use the features I disabled music recognition, environmental sounds and also disabled hey siri detection on my watch, it does make a fairly substantial difference, like 15-20% battery a day.

Ever since I updated, connecting to apple tv for fitness has been a complete PITA. Often having to turn off the watch and apple tv. Sometimes it tries to connect for a few minutes.

watchOS 11.0.1 is out and as normal, one of the things addressed in the .0.1 update is "Battery may drain more quickly than expected
Odd, as this update seems to be crushing my S9 battery, whereas 11 was fine…

Last edited:
I tend to listen to a lot of podcasts throughout the day and noticed now when I lift my watch to see the time it's always showing the 'swipe up widget menu' focused on the now playing widget, is there anyway to turn this off?
I think you can stop that in settings on the watch, then ‘Smart Stack’, then ‘Live Activities’ and turn off ‘Auto-Launch…’

watchOS 11.0.1 is out and as normal, one of the things addressed in the .0.1 update is "Battery may drain more quickly than expected
Thanks for pointing this out. I thought my Ultra 2 battery had been taking a hit since the update!

I am updating now.

Back
Top Bottom