*** The Official watchOS 8 thread ***

Soldato
My Series 3 was at least one update behind, since it couldn't handle all 2.5gb of the last update without a full reset.

WatchOS 8 came in at 1Gb and installed without a reset, so I'm happy with that. I have no idea what changes it brings.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

A lot of nice additions, nothing earth shattering. Timer management is something I use every day for cooking and having the ability to quickly edit and have multiple timers is welcome.

The UI around messaging and replying in general is much improved.

Soldato
Multiple timers is great.

Moving the pre-set 1/3/5/10 timers under the 'recent' timers is infuriating. As is the fact that custom timers now get overwritten by the recent timers if you use a pre-set timer.

There are some changes in these updates that just feel like Apple are trolling.

Commissario
OP
Think I've found a bug.

Press the Digital Crown, go to Timers.

I can scroll up and down using the screen and my finger but I can't scroll up and down using the Digital Crown.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

/edit - Restarting the watch fixed it.

Commissario
OP
watchOS 8.7 is out.

It's been out for well over a week, for the first time ever, my watch automatically updated overnight and just informed me in the morning. Amusingly, my phone hadn't updated and was still on the slightly older version and even more impressively, it did it over 4G when I was on holiday, not when my phone was connected to any WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom