*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Forgive me for what is probably a really daft question, but...

The sound on my xbox kept going wrong, making poping and clicking noises, so I have got a replacement. However the box is completely different to the one I had previously. I assume the console is exactly the same and it's just the box that has been redesigned?

Soldato
Forgive me for what is probably a really daft question, but...

The sound on my xbox kept going wrong, making poping and clicking noises, so I have got a replacement. However the box is completely different to the one I had previously. I assume the console is exactly the same and it's just the box that has been redesigned?

You mean the outer case?

Caporegime
How does player feedback work on Xbox One? When it was first unveiled, there were statements that all the bad players would be grouped together so they could only grief each other. But has any game actually implemented that yet? How do you leave +ve rep for other players?

Associate
The cardboard box that it comes in. The first box opened up completely a bit like a suitcase. This box is different, just the top of the box opens, it doesn't fold out like the other.

Associate
OK makes sense thanks. I noticed when this one came on it only had a small 500mb update, the one previously (which was only 2 weeks ago) downloaded a much bigger update, so I guess this one left the factory a little more recently.

Soldato
Has anyone else got the TV Tuner to use with Freeview?

I bought it today and it's working well, taking a little while to get used to OneGuide instead of the built in Freeview tuner on the TV, but so far it's pretty good.

One issue I have is that the OneGuide has found BBC Two, but it doesn't show it in the list. It does Show BBC 2 HD, which is fine, but It means that I have no channel 2. Normally if you select channel 1 for BBC One, it'll default to BBC One HD which is great. It's just annoying having this gap in the list. I've tried setting it all up again but BBC 2 still doesn't show on Channel 2 in the One Guide.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Not having much luck with my Xbox One atm, first one the disc drive went (only 3 months old) so I swapped it last week and this one sounds much louder than the first. Took it back and got £330 back for the console. Just ordered the Argos Deal with Fifa 15/Forza Horizon 2/Evil within for £359.99. Should be here Saturday. Going to sell the games as I've already got Fifa and tend to rent most. Cracking deal if anyone is on the fence! :D

Associate
Not having much luck with my Xbox One atm, first one the disc drive went (only 3 months old) so I swapped it last week and this one sounds much louder than the first. Took it back and got £330 back for the console. Just ordered the Argos Deal with Fifa 15/Forza Horizon 2/Evil within for £359.99. Should be here Saturday. Going to sell the games as I've already got Fifa and tend to rent most. Cracking deal if anyone is on the fence! :D

There was a good tesco deal earlier this month ;)

Got mine last month, it makes a weird noise when its on! havent bothered to swap it yet.
I got a great deal on it though :D
VEQeBkL.jpg

Soldato
Smaller, cheaper, cooler Xbox One processor in development

Chip designer AMD has developed a smaller, more cost-effective 20nm version of the main processor found in Xbox One, opening the door to a cheaper 'slim' version of the Microsoft console. The news comes from the LinkedIn bio of AMD's senior manager of SOC (system on chip) physical design, as discovered by Mosen from the Beyond3D forums. The entry in question says he "successfully planned and executed the first APU for Microsoft's Xbox One Game Console in 28nm technology and a cost-reduced derivative in 20nm technology."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-smaller-cheaper-cooler-xbox-one-processor-in-development

Back
Top Bottom