*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

This one you mean?

That was the PR statement made last September as part of the Oman ban sweep...

ps3ud0 :cool:

That's for nicking games for free not paying a different region price. I have contacted microsoft to let them know I prefer American pricing in the UK and to remove anything they think is offending from my gamertag many months ago and nothing has happened. They don't care about me avoiding VAT.

That's for nicking games for free not paying a different region price. I have contacted microsoft to let them know I prefer American pricing in the UK and to remove anything they think is offending from my gamertag many months ago and nothing has happened. They don't care about me avoiding VAT.
I think the PR statement is pretty clear its any financial gain however you want to spin it. Do you have a link regards MS promising not to ban people for it? I couldnt find anything substantial...

Well I think, hopefully, I have finally got a pad that works. I got my Titanfall Controller yesterday and so far it seems fine and the sticks haven't broke after 1 second use.

I must admit I've been pretty annoyed with the Xbone controller, I've had 6 (maybe 7) since release and they have either been faulty from new or developed a fault within a minute, I actually got to the point where I couldn't be bothered changing them again and just haven't used the Xbone.

Hopefully this will last for me to at least play Titanfall :)

No offence pseudo I didn't reply because you clearly don't understand the scenario very well at all and I'm not going to baby step you through your misunderstandings.

This happens via changing your locale no account migration/"swapping address back and forth" is required. Something I expect MS is keen not to encourage but could be easily discouraged via geofencing

No offence pseudo I didn't reply because you clearly don't understand the scenario very well at all and I'm not going to baby step you through your misunderstandings.

This happens via changing your locale no account migration/"swapping address back and forth" is required. Something I expect MS is keen not to encourage but could be easily discouraged via geofencing
My point was this isnt something MS support, so to allude to anything other than that is just plain wrong unless you can provide evidence to support your point outside what you posted above. I only posted when someone said that they do...

I must admit I've been pretty annoyed with the Xbone controller, I've had 6 (maybe 7) since release and they have either been faulty from new or developed a fault within a minute, I actually got to the point where I couldn't be bothered changing them again and just haven't used the Xbone.
You obviously have huge, manly, club like hands if you are breaking them that regularly :D

Well I think, hopefully, I have finally got a pad that works. I got my Titanfall Controller yesterday and so far it seems fine and the sticks haven't broke after 1 second use.

Hopefully this will last for me to at least play Titanfall :)

Wow you must have been unlucky with the pads. Apart from a bit of flex/creaking (quickly sorted with the blu tack method) both are my pads have been fine. My Day One doesn't get much use as I want to keep it lookign "new" :o:p.

That's insane.

My Day 1 pad is still fine, although a little rattly when triggers and normal rumble are both going together in Forza.

Yeah was rather annoying and pretty unlucky! it was the same thing on all pads, either the right or left stick wouldn't centre and/or pop out of place. I'm happy to finally get a working one (even if it did cost me £75).. btw the if anyone is consider the Titanfall Controller it looks pretty cool, a nice white Xbone to go with it next would be nice :)

Wow you must have been unlucky with the pads. Apart from a bit of flex/creaking (quickly sorted with the blu tack method) both are my pads have been fine. My Day One doesn't get much use as I want to keep it lookign "new" :o:p.

Pretty much what i have done with my day one controller too lol. But my spare controller, the one i use the most i do find creaks especially the left side but still in one piece though. Hate to think what would happen if i threw it against the wall in a rage fit lol.

Compared to the 360 controllers, they arent as well built the xbox one controllers.

So I decided to do something silly and buy the xbox one, got a great price for a brand new one that someone had won in a competition. Only cost me £285 :-) box had never even been opened!!

Anyway, I must be one of the very few people who actually like the Kinect. In fact, if I didn't have the Kinect on the 360 it would have been sitting gathering dust for the past few years, instead it's been used a lot by various members of the family.

So this was the reason why I bought the Xbox one over the PS4. I wanted to see what the new Kinect could do. I had planned to wait until more content was available, but the price was too good to pass over.

Now I only have the xbox one for about a day, so I can't comment too much on all the problems or issues that people have been having. But here are my opinions so far.

The Kinect has improved a lot!! I just tried the Kinect sports rivals preseason and it worked really well. The voice commands work perfect, I just wish you could do more. I haven't had any problems with gestures either.

The UI needs work. It's not as bad as I wasn't expecting it to be based on some of the things I have read. The big thing is that it's just different and people will need time to adjust. The snap function is really good and can see it's potential. I would like the option to be able to exit out of a game/app completely though. And some of the controls aren't annoying and fiddly, like trying to sort out your download queue is awkward, it should be a simple thing but they made it complicated.

I reckon in a year this console will be amazing. In my eyes, they should have got three things working perfectly before release, the TV integration, the ability to switch between TV and games and lastly, more functionality and games for the Kinect.

If they had those things working perfectly with more functions to come down the road I think the console would be brilliant even now. The resolution of games doesn't bother me too much, I am going to be sitting 8-10 foot from the TV so I probably wouldn't see the difference anyway. It's the Kinect that's the big problem with Xbox one. They should have made a bigger deal out of it. Instead it's treated like a ginger stepchild :p They should have had ton of content for it on release. That's the biggest mistake Microsoft made.

Last edited:

tf1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom