*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Yes, from what I can tell so far it switches to 50hz when watching TV full screen for the first time and stays that way until you fire up a game so as to not be switching constantly when moving back and forth between the home screen, I thought it may be quite jarring but seems quick and seamless.

Excellent, that sounds really good!

I put mine into standby (white light on power brick) came back shortly after and noticed the brick had gone to orange indicating that the update had been downloaded - it applies once you turn on.

Seems like a staged roll-out though so your mileage may vary.

Will test later, but I would assume that the signal will remain at that of the main displayed task, so snapped TV will still be at 60hz.

Quoting myself to confirm that after testing with Forza and snapping TV, this does appear to be the case, best solution as far as I can see, certainly wouldn't want snapped TV dropping games to 50hz.

Going full screen from snapped looks to be going to 50hz too, so all good.

It's good to see MS taking feedback and putting some work in on XO. Of course it'd have been good for all this stuff to be in the box from launch but you can't knock their willingness to take onboard what the community has said and actually do something about it.

RadioNoggin said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioNoggin

Will test later, but I would assume that the signal will remain at that of the main displayed task, so snapped TV will still be at 60hz.

Quoting myself to confirm that after testing with Forza and snapping TV, this does appear to be the case, best solution as far as I can see, certainly wouldn't want snapped TV dropping games to 50hz.

Thanks for confirming. I shall pass through my Sky box then when I get the update once live.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Can you tell me does it go blank for a second when changing from tv @ 50hz to games @ 60hz or is it seamless :)

I guess it would depend on how your tele handles the frequency change. My panny plasma will go blank for a second. I can handle that.

Can anyone confirm if this update brings the ability to send friends voice messages? I haven't picked up an Xbox One yet but want to and that is a feature I use so much on the 360.

Having a good news day, XO Titanfall bundle sold out at Gamestop in 24 hours, Titanfall itself went gold ready for March release (great to know they were still doing stuff until now to reflect feedback from the betas), Trials Fusion announced for April (just ridiculous amounts of fun on all platforms!) and Wolfstein: The New Order is confirmed as 1080p/60fps on XO in May. Glad to be getting to some new releases post launch although to be fair I've not completed the games I've got :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom