*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
I think you basically have to be unemployed and online all day to get one at this price. :p They way prices are going I'd almost be better off buying the Elite console.

They are in stock on the MS site, I got sick of waiting to get one for £99 and just went for the £119 price on the MS store.

Associate
Thank you, is it that one where you buy cars and can make decals and things?
I'm pretty much getting this just in case some awesome exclusive comes out and Rare Replay looks really good as well.

You can buy/tune/paint in all of the Forzas.
I like both Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2 but I found Forza 5 boring.
There are demos of both available and can be picked up cheaply too.

Soldato
All set up, plex is working perfectly, logged in and straight onto server with everything there and waiting. TV at the end of the bed is so so much better than having to look 20 foot away to my desk.

Played a couple games so far on the XB1 so far has been very good on destiny and forza 6 and ive enjoyed them so far. Still got halo, tomb raider, probably gears of war ultimate ed and batman to enjoy yet :D. Aswell as a lot of other games from my 360 I havent played in years. The graphics are pretty good for a £270 machine aswell.

Ill be for the most part playing the majority of games on my pc for the 1440p and 144hz. As bf4 is one of my fav games and i hate it on console lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing Forza 6 this week and I have to say it looks, sounds and plays beautifully. Might try Horizon 2 at some point though I am not a huge fan of the more arcade style racers.

Associate
Been playing Forza 6 this week and I have to say it looks, sounds and plays beautifully. Might try Horizon 2 at some point though I am not a huge fan of the more arcade style racers.

Ordinarily I'm with you on arcade racers but Horizon 2 still actually handles ok, and more than anything else it has to be one of the most fun games I've played for years. I don't think you'll regret it if you picked it up.

Soldato
Oh, OK then.

My opinion is my own therefore everyone else is wrong!

So there.

Well then, I guess that's that. Is Tomb Raider a timed exclusive? I thought it was but as I really enjoyed the last one I think I'd get on XBONE. Are there any must have non multi platform games (inc indie) that I shouldn't miss?
I said I don't like Halo, but I don't really follow xbox so don't know what's out.

I thought it was pretty much GoW, Forza and Halo.

Associate
Well then, I guess that's that. Is Tomb Raider a timed exclusive? I thought it was but as I really enjoyed the last one I think I'd get on XBONE. Are there any must have non multi platform games (inc indie) that I shouldn't miss?
I said I don't like Halo, but I don't really follow xbox so don't know what's out.

I thought it was pretty much GoW, Forza and Halo.

Ori and the Blind Forest is excellent, as is Sunset Overdrive.

Soldato
Has anyone else had a problem with their analogue stick drifting in game? I have the controllers inverted and it is always trying to look down in FPS.

Soldato
right folks, how does game audio work on this thing?

i will be plugging my xbox into a speakerless monitor, i have a qpad qh90 headset which i want to utilize for my xbox.

do i just need the chat adapter? or is that merely just for chat?

Soldato
right folks, how does game audio work on this thing?

i will be plugging my xbox into a speakerless monitor, i have a qpad qh90 headset which i want to utilize for my xbox.

do i just need the chat adapter? or is that merely just for chat?

New controllers have a standard headset jack, older ones you can get an adapter that works fine (at least for me).

Associate
anyone got the elite controller? whats the consensus? worth the money?

Definitely the best value for money option compared to Scuf etc. Overall I'm happy with mine though I wouldn't agree the build quality is the best. Mine came with stick drift straight out the box, and the left thumbstick has started to make a clicking sound/feeling when I move it certain directions, which can be a little off putting in the heat of the moment :(.

Back
Top Bottom