*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Thought I would treat myself. :D

image.jpg

Anyone noticed 'shimmering' on Sky HD content (particularly sports) when the Sky box is set to 1080i? 720p seems to fix it somewhat but the picture isn't quite as good as 1080i. I guess it's something to do with the Xbox One deinterlacing the 1080i picture and then displaying it as 1080p.

Anyone else noticed this?

My Xbox One has decided it no longer wants to carry on reading my blu ray discs. Breaking Bad Season 2, disc one eventually worked, disc two will not, giving me the error message of an 'unreadable' disc. Gave up with it in the end, with the PS3 finding its place beside it for now.

Starting to wonder whether it was a mistake bothering with this gen of console at all.

My Xbox One has decided it no longer wants to carry on reading my blu ray discs. Breaking Bad Season 2, disc one eventually worked, disc two will not, giving me the error message of an 'unreadable' disc. Gave up with it in the end, with the PS3 finding its place beside it for now.

Starting to wonder whether it was a mistake bothering with this gen of console at all.

Does it read other discs (game discs, CD's, DVD's)?

You might just have the beginnings of a defective drive (something that can happen to any console which runs optical media).

They'll swap your console.

I'll check my drive with multiple forms of disc type now. It's like a loop when that disc is put in.

I'm too ****** off at the thing to bother with it since - and I have rediscovered why I liked the PS3, and how much heat it makes. :p

edit:

Works fine when trying any of my games, DVD's (didn't sound great with The Simpsons movie in though, but everything after was fine), Audio CD's and Blu-rays. Does have me puzzled, and if it starts doing it with more things, it will be getting replaced, then replaced completely.

Last edited:
Nice purchase, I love my A50's so you should be pleased, they add so much to a game imo.
Any problems using them with XO, there's been chat on their forums about crackling on the mic for outgoing sound and some other grumbles (assuming you've had a chance to use it with the XO adapter).

Any problems using them with XO, there's been chat on their forums about crackling on the mic for outgoing sound and some other grumbles (assuming you've had a chance to use it with the XO adapter).

Tested them with a mate in a party earlier and he said I sounded fine, infact he said it sounded clearer than the standard headset. I also thought his voice was a lot better. I'm very happy with them. I will report back any issues once I've tested them further. Will have to try them on the PS4 as well.

Is it possible to get a headset that is compatible with the XO and PS4 (I know I need the adapter for the XO) and ideally don't want to spend too much on a headset (pref £80 all in with the adapter).

Only one requirement...mic must work for both..

Last edited:

Thanks for linking this, saved me searching the thread :)

I didn't use the paypal option in the end, just my card and the card billing address with state and zip code of Oregon university. It worked and i got Ryse, son of Rome and the season pass for a really good price. Playing it on my home region with no problems at all.

Originally i wasn't going to buy Ryse as user opinions of it seem to be very poor, but, i am glad i did. Played it for about 3 hours straight this evening and have found it very entertaining so far. I can also see why people would not like it. Ryse could have been an amazing game if you had more control of fighting the way you would like to fight. Even if they had introduced a couple of more weapons!!

Back
Top Bottom