*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Yeah I sent in my request last night. I gather it's a sort of area where we can gather all the ocuk(or other club) members in one place and create parties for games, achievement runs or just plain lollygagging about. Not tried the LFG thing yet, but it seems like a great idea!

Associate
Agree on the PS4 noise, It's in a fairly small room and can be quite distracting. As for the Xbox One S, I'm referring to the much reported ticking/clicking noise that seems to be common on the S, is yours silent then?

I just bought an S 500GB and it's completely silent.

Soldato
I just bought an S 500GB and it's completely silent.

I think the problem is entirely that we are talking about different setups here with differing distances.

There is no way the S is completely silent relative to the original.

Even ignoring the faulty fans that seem to be quite common, the fan is much more exposed and spinning faster, the result is a big change in noise.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-microsoft-xbox-one-s-review
xboxones.JPG

3 dB is a massive difference.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just moved over to an Xbox S from an original launch model, pretty impressed by the form factor of it. Setting it all up for 4K was automatic and seamless, it's nice and quiet so thankfully no ticking noises.

Not sure about the pad though, the textured grip on the back feels a bit funky. I do like the D-pad and the Xbox button though, they seem to provide much nicer feedback to pressing than the original pad.

Oh and physical buttons on the console > touch buttons. No more inadvertently turning the console on when dusting :p

Soldato
bit cheap of MS not to do rechargable batteries for the controller and not to include a network cable

Whats the micro USB slot for on the Controller?

Im also slightly "missing" the ability to turn the console on from the controller, thought it would be possible by pressing the big "X (box)" button but doesnt appear to work

Soldato
bit cheap of MS not to do rechargable batteries for the controller and not to include a network cable

Im also slightly "missing" the ability to turn the console on from the controller, thought it would be possible by pressing the big "X (box)" button but doesnt appear to work

PS4 doesn't include a network cable either. Many go wireless.

Micro USB port is for the play and charge kit, one of the reasons why MS dont include rechargeable batteries. Also you use the micro USB port for connecting to the PC.

Associate

The console can be turned on using the controllers "big X" button. Maybe try a hard reset and see if that fixes it. I have had the odd occasion where my controller doesn't turn the console on

Back
Top Bottom