*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I think the difference of £20 for a year vs £96 will make a difference though. :p
Kinda depends what games though is on it though doesn't it? which no one knows of yet, so against that paying it per month for what could be a huge library.
Id be surprised if ti was a handful of games, that and all the 360 games etc.

Soldato
This has probably already been discussed, but my understanding of the main different between EA Access and Game Pass is that the games in Game Pass can/will be removd and rotated, whereas my experience of EA Access so far is that once a game is in the Vault, it's there for good. Is that right?

Either way it's a good idea, just a little less interested if a game is likely to be removed after a month or two. I suppose that's usually long enough to complete a game.

Soldato
Microsoft said its going to be like netflix so rotating content, Technically i think EA can remove games from the vault they just haven't yet.

On another note, my PSU on one of my Xboxs is making a very loud noise all of sudden, anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Associate
Microsoft said its going to be like netflix so rotating content, Technically i think EA can remove games from the vault they just haven't yet.

On another note, my PSU on one of my Xboxs is making a very loud noise all of sudden, anyone know where I can get a replacement?
You can order a replacement PSU directly from Microsoft. £35 for a new one shipped out to you. Or you can send them your old broken one and pay £25 for them to send out a new one once they receive your old one. They also provide a prepaid shipping label for that price I think.

As long as you have your Xbox registered, just click on Xbox One, change category to Accessories, change Issue Type to Power Supply and hit Create Repair order. You'll then be asked to enter your address, followed by your choice of either the £35 or £25 route.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/devices

Soldato
I'm buying a new xbox one, upgrading to an S 1tb from my (almost) day one 500Gb. So, disc games obviously they'll reinstall when i insert the disc, but what about digital games which i've installed on my account? Surely they'll be available to re-download from the store? Am i being incredibly thick? :pJust been googling and found the answer to this question :)
Am i correct in also thinking that my all my saved games being in the cloud, when i boot up the new xbox, it should already have all my previous saved games available and I won't have to start all over on my single player games?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm buying a new xbox one, upgrading to an S 1tb from my (almost) day one 500Gb. So, disc games obviously they'll reinstall when i insert the disc, but what about digital games which i've installed on my account? Surely they'll be available to re-download from the store? Am i being incredibly thick? :pJust been googling and found the answer to this question :)
Am i correct in also thinking that my all my saved games being in the cloud, when i boot up the new xbox, it should already have all my previous saved games available and I won't have to start all over on my single player games?

Yes, I believe that both digital games and game saves are linked to your account and stored in the cloud.

Soldato
Anyone here gone from a Xbox One to a PS4 Pro? as this is somthing i am thinking of doing.. To get 4K gaming not that i might not see a difference as i been happy what this Xbox gives out... Plus for Crash when it out in June

Associate
Anyone here gone from a Xbox One to a PS4 Pro? as this is somthing i am thinking of doing.. To get 4K gaming not that i might not see a difference as i been happy what this Xbox gives out... Plus for Crash when it out in June

i've gone from Ps4 to xbox one, i enjoy xbox games way more, e.g. no racing games or online fps games on PS4

Soldato
What Online FPS games your playing on xbox.. So you telling me you prefer xbox than PS4 even though the PS4 is still meant to be better. Fast game load etc.

Associate
performance not everything, i learned that lesson

Xbox got halo, gears, forza horizon 3 and forza motorsport.

ps4 great for single player games, may make the best but i'm not really interested in them.

xbox will be most powerful console soon anyway, most powerful console just jump between the two

you need to look at everything else, controller? xbox live vs PSN, features on both console are not the same

Associate
Most game I play on is COD.. But I have seen that PS has more games such as

Soon Crash
Uncharted 4
Blood Bourne
Killzone

Crash, i think is timed only
Uncharted 4, great singe player game (once completed you move on)
Bloodborne, great RPG and i really enjoyed that game, (singleplayer only) its made by same people who created dark soul 3 thats on both consoles.
Killzone, game is dead (no one is playing it (last time i looked less then 100 people online)

only 1 new game you listed, thats a remake and i think its on xbox later date anyway

if you enjoy FPS games, most are muti platform anyway.

Soldato
Crash, i think is timed only
Uncharted 4, great singe player game (once completed you move on)
Bloodborne, great RPG and i really enjoyed that game, (singleplayer only) its made by same people who created dark soul 3 thats on both consoles.
Killzone, game is dead (no one is playing it (last time i looked less then 100 people online)

only 1 new game you listed, thats a remake and i think its on xbox later date anyway

if you enjoy FPS games, most are muti platform anyway.

You believe Crash Bandicoot is a timed exclusive?

Effectively the PS mascot in the 90's....

Please tell me there is another game called Crash you are referring to or basically your opinion when it comes to all things gaming will be void :p

Soldato

I have both the Xbox One and the PS4 Pro. You can see the difference between the standard PS4 and the Pro so you defo see it between the Xbox and the Pro.

The Pro is a fantastic console, a great piece of kit but if it's based on wanting 4K and a bit more power then the Scorpio is coming out at the end of the year. It's a beast on paper so you might want to hold off.

Games wise, if you game on PC then the PlayStation is the obvious choice based on exclusives. The recent exclusive Horizon is pretty special and it's personally my favorite game this generation.

Crash is one of those exclusives as well. You could always get the Pro now and sell the X1 while it still has some value then buy a Scorpio on release. Best of both worlds :D

i've gone from Ps4 to xbox one, i enjoy xbox games way more, e.g. no racing games or online fps games on PS4

No online FPS on PS4? what have you been smoking? They have more or less all the same FPS apart from Halo and Killzone!

If anything they tend to perform better as well fps/res wise.

Still prefer the Xbox pad for shooters though.

Back
Top Bottom