The Online Dating Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thought i would raise the topic of online dating for discussion:-

I have been delving into the myriad of apps out there. I seem to have found Tinder/Bumble & Hinge offering the most consistent amount of matches.

I'm interested to learn what everyone thinks about this - Would you prefer to text a guy/girl for a long period before meeting or having a video call? Also would you feel more comfortable with a video call before meeting?

From my own experience - i typically end up having a texting conversation for maybe 2-3 days max. I'll then suggest a video call. Although, i find many women seem to just switch off at that point. They either say yes or don't reply. But we rarely get to a video call. If i suggest a coffee/drink somewhere, 70% of the time the conversation goes and i rarely get a reply. So i am eager to identify what you guys and girls do yourselves and what does and doesn't work for you?

I'm keen to meet up relatively quickly as i feel you just can't know someone via texting. If you end up texting somebody for weeks without meeting, you will never know if there is any real chemistry?

What has your experience been like? How do you approach texting and how long for? Ladies, do you ghost guys who ask for a date relatively early on? If so why? And what's all of your thoughts on video calling first?

Look forward to reading your opinions :)

Caporegime
Well, the thing you have to know about women is that *checks notes from previous GD threads* all of them are unfaithful whores who don't even deserve your respect let alone pity and someone else is Chadding them while you waste time on 'getting to know them' and 'real chemistry'. Those people are wrong and broken so don't let that put you off but it's incoming, I guarantee it.

Caporegime
Well, the thing you have to know about women is that *checks notes from previous GD threads* all of them are unfaithful whores who don't even deserve your respect let alone pity and someone else is Chadding them while you waste time on 'getting to know them' and 'real chemistry'. Those people are wrong and broken so don't let that put you off but it's incoming, I guarantee it.

Just be Chad theory confirmed by our one and only.

Caporegime
I did not get on well with Internet dating.
I got dates, 1 a week ish .

Mainly, I think I suffered from candy shop effect. Something better would come along in the 'dating' phase and you'd be ditched.

I had fun dates, weird dates but I wouldn't do it again.

Also. Bloody expensive! As much as people pedal equal rights. I think I paid every time.
So for the girl it basically doesn't even cost anything

Of there's a next time x it will be shared interests via a club or similar

Soldato

No one said that or anything close, you seem so bothered about this whole thing you view as men "trying to be alpha", where do you get this notion that men on here think women are "unfaithful whores who don't deserve respect"? Do you realise how offensive that is? You're obviously trolling to get replies here but really you're projecting your own insecurities, probably about your own perceived masculinity.

Man of Honour
Shots fired!

No one said that or anything close, you seem so bothered about this whole thing you view as men "trying to be alpha", where do you get this notion that men on here think women are "unfaithful whores who don't deserve respect"? Do you realise how offensive that is? You're obviously trolling to get replies here but really you're projecting your own insecurities, probably about your own perceived masculinity.
Battleship returns fire!

I'm ducking for cover as this could get nasty :D

Soldato

Just lol if you've been a member here for 8 years and still don't know who magnolia is. Noobs.

Associate
I've not been on tinder for a few years but did go on my fair share of dates from it. Never once did I video call with any of them. Seems kind of a needless step in the process. I'd just stick with a couple of days of texting before meeting otherwise it just feels like too much of a time investment. Pretty much always arranged to meet in the evenings for a few drinks at a bar. This seemed to be the best setting to allow you to escalate physical contact quickly. Meeting in the day for coffee is too drawn out although I suppose that depends entirely on what you are after.

Soldato
I've not been on tinder for a few years but did go on my fair share of dates from it. Never once did I video call with any of them. Seems kind of a needless step in the process. I'd just stick with a couple of days of texting before meeting otherwise it just feels like too much of a time investment. Pretty much always arranged to meet in the evenings for a few drinks at a bar. This seemed to be the best setting to allow you to escalate physical contact quickly. Meeting in the day for coffee is too drawn out although I suppose that depends entirely on what you are after.

^^ Less time for them to audit you i guess :D

Soldato
Started doing online dating since I moved from the UK last year. Never tried it back in the UK because its full of single mothers, overweight women or women who are financially broke. Where I lived in the Midlands anyway. I guess center of London and surrounding areas would be different for online dating?

Here in Switzerland, better quality of women on dating apps but you still get the few weird ones but that's everywhere. Best part of online dating here, you have LOADS of options of different women from different countries. Don't really get that in the UK as you are on a small island.

I always meet ASAP, met one woman in less than 12 hours from matching. Height is a big thing here but I have an counter for that if they ask how tall I am :D (5ft 10).

One major problem, dating apps have opened up the market to women who think their value is high when its not and I completely blame men for this, including myself. Too many women on dating apps think they are worth something just because they get a number of matches and a few dates (no sex) but out there on the street. No man gives them the time of day and even looks at them.

Some women need a reality check to know they are not high up on the dating market and you have to be cut throat sometimes because they see you as just another toy when they are bored and need attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom