• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1060 Owners Thread.

Soldato
Is the block free since you're sending the card away for their use?

Watercooling a 1060 seems a bit overkill to me

the idea was to sit it in a silverstone RVZ01 console style case and have it all fully watercooled and silent compared to an xbox etc etc etc
Yep, block will be free . It was actually going to be an XFX RX 470 8GB as I could get that cheaper then a 4GB 480 and wanted to see if I could push it faster then the more expensive 480 8GB version. Price of the Mini came along and couldnt turn it down.

I've just looked at the heatsink on this time would would only reply with , would use use a stock Intel heatsink on your rig? not to mention the VRMS wouldnt actually see much air passing its way.

Bit of a grand experiment to see if 6th gen and middle range Pascal can be cooled by a 140 rad comfortably, and in theory should be well within the thermal envelope.
And some of the prettiest mITX cases have shocking thermals :(
Tried to persuade them to make a GPX-Pro (gpu block has an integrated pump) block for GTX 1060/RX 480 models but saying its only for GTX 1070/80 range

recall my i7 860 and GTX 295 having a quad and dual rad in a Silverstone TJ07 and the heat coming out of it was insane!

Man of Honour
OP

off to Germany it goes as well :D

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

6npugE1.jpg

Date 18/08/2016, Make Zotac Mini Edition, orbitalwalsh, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make Zotac Amp Edition, Orsenfelt, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 30/07/2016, Make Palit Dual Fan, Daaaveee, Link
Date 28/07/2016, Make Zotac Mini, Darren_uk, Link
Date 22/07/2016, Make Asus Strix, Kaapstad, Link
Date 21/07/2016, Make Gigabyte G1 Gaming, Kurgen, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your GTX 1060.​

Soldato
the idea was to sit it in a silverstone RVZ01 console style case and have it all fully watercooled and silent compared to an xbox etc etc etc
Yep, block will be free . It was actually going to be an XFX RX 470 8GB as I could get that cheaper then a 4GB 480 and wanted to see if I could push it faster then the more expensive 480 8GB version. Price of the Mini came along and couldnt turn it down.

I've just looked at the heatsink on this time would would only reply with , would use use a stock Intel heatsink on your rig? not to mention the VRMS wouldnt actually see much air passing its way.

Bit of a grand experiment to see if 6th gen and middle range Pascal can be cooled by a 140 rad comfortably, and in theory should be well within the thermal envelope.
And some of the prettiest mITX cases have shocking thermals :(
Tried to persuade them to make a GPX-Pro (gpu block has an integrated pump) block for GTX 1060/RX 480 models but saying its only for GTX 1070/80 range

recall my i7 860 and GTX 295 having a quad and dual rad in a Silverstone TJ07 and the heat coming out of it was insane!

The results are gonna be really interesting imo, keep us posted! :D

Associate
Grabbed one of these for my dad (Gigabyte G1), building his PC. At the time, there were no decent 480's on the market and the price vs. was about the same.

He's moved from a MSI Twin Frozr III 660. The new card is significantly longer, massively so! Also changes colour a lot, which is redundant once the case is closed I suppose.

Got his favourite, Skyrim installed and whacked every setting to max at 1080p. It runs just perfectly and he's noticed lots of graphical improvements, which should keep him happy. The Nvidia control panel actually suggested 4k supersampling for resolution but I thought I'd just keep it simple.

Fingers crossed, this should keep him sorted just fine for the time being and for Skyrim Remastered when it comes.

Man of Honour
OP
Grabbed one of these for my dad (Gigabyte G1), building his PC. At the time, there were no decent 480's on the market and the price vs. was about the same.

He's moved from a MSI Twin Frozr III 660. The new card is significantly longer, massively so! Also changes colour a lot, which is redundant once the case is closed I suppose.

Got his favourite, Skyrim installed and whacked every setting to max at 1080p. It runs just perfectly and he's noticed lots of graphical improvements, which should keep him happy. The Nvidia control panel actually suggested 4k supersampling for resolution but I thought I'd just keep it simple.

Fingers crossed, this should keep him sorted just fine for the time being and for Skyrim Remastered when it comes.

Pics please for TROH.:)

Associate
I'll try but he is 6 hours away on the east coast and would be terrified to open up the PC now I've made it all sparkly new!

Soldato
Building a gaming itx skylake build for my 34" super wide monitor 3440x1440. Would I be mad to get one of these 1060 on a big monitor. Will the performance suck?
Money is tight but I am a patient man and could wait an extra payday and get a 1070 instead.

Back
Top Bottom