• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
How many are you getting, Kaap? :p Or have you indeed resisted the urge to splurge?

Am wondering if I can still best use Afterburner with my EVGA card, because I like it so much better than Precision?

Man of Honour
OP
Mine arrived :)

Suprised, they do sound quieter then my refrence Titan X's at like for like fan profile, not absolute silent but a good deal quieter, I imagine after market will be even nicer. One of the two OC's very nicely, hitting just under 2200 Mhz before crashing on stock volts while the second is managing just abit above 2100. In SLI for gaming both running happy at 2050 Mhz no issue and 11050 on the Memory with minimum of tweaks.

Will post some tests in abit of the 1080 at stock and OC vs what my Titan X did at stock and OC. :)

2ihmix5.jpg

2u3uyyt.jpg

Tempted to buy a third card to fill that gap :D

Welcome and on TROH.:)

Associate
I even hovered over the buy button for the founders edition.... even went as far as 'check out' but the force was strong and i closed the page.

End of the day my 970 is managing... ill just wait for the EVGA SC.... or will i break...

Soldato
My FE will be here tomorrow, couldn't be bothered to wait for the other cards any longer. Looking forward to seeing how it performs. :)

Look forward to seeing your input. Seeing as you have a Ti. Nice to hear some good news.

I've pre-ordered 2 EVGA SC 1080's and waterblocks. Already got the blocks and back plates. Just a pain waiting for the cards now.

Soldato
Look forward to seeing your input. Seeing as you have a Ti. Nice to hear some good news.

I've pre-ordered 2 EVGA SC 1080's and waterblocks. Already got the blocks and back plates. Just a pain waiting for the cards now.

Thanks. I decided to go with the FE as I may well consider SLI in future. The 980ti I got brand new for my brother in law and whilst he's been away I've been testing it, he's collecting tomorrow so I would have had no GPU. Will report back tomorrow when I've tested it. :)

Back
Top Bottom