• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Well the eta should be for what is available for ordering, not what has already been ordered.

For example if you had 3 batches due in 7th, 10th 17th with 50 cards per batch and 77 had been ordered you expect the site to show the 10th, if it had pre-sold 106 you expect it to show 17th.

(I don't know if this is the case, but it would make sense) :)

Soldato
The FE is nice and quiet even when stressed. Temps get a bit high for my liking but I will take that over noise I guess.

The Hybrid EVGA card will be the one I keep until the full fat cards arrive. Low temps / noise and really like the design.

Soldato
Yup first thing I tried and another DP port on the card same issue.

Similar thing was happening to someone before. I believe re-seating the card sorted it. Either that or DDU and re-install drivers.

Like iron said drop the screen to 120hz for the desktop. 144hz has problems on the desktop. GPU doesn't downclock etc.

Associate
Noob question : Got my evga 1080 today. The power to Graphics, it only connects into 1 main plug so to speak into the PSU? I have obviously connecting the 2pins from GPU...

Only reason my graphics card randomly revs up and then calms down ? Is this normal / a common fault with the 1080? My room is a lot warmer now....

Associate
Noob question : Got my evga 1080 today. The power to Graphics, it only connects into 1 main plug so to speak into the PSU? I have obviously connecting the 2pins from GPU...

Only reason my graphics card randomly revs up and then calms down ? Is this normal / a common fault with the 1080? My room is a lot warmer now....

See this thread

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...1080-founder-issue-fan-issue-updated-6-2-16-/

The erratic fan behaviour is apparently fixable at a driver level according to nVida. The driver is due any time now so we will soon see

Soldato
Both underwater running maxed out in the 30's. They can manage 2100mhz in SLI with memory clock at 11,000 (more testing tomorrow as havent upped the voltage yet). More than happy with this.

I'll give some benchies, pics and overall perf tomorrow. Time for bed now :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom