• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Can someone explain this nonsense, redeemed my code to choose the free game, either For Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands, I have no interest in For Honor, but the flipping thing says Out of stock for Wildlands, out of stock? It's a flipping digital download that I have the code for, how is that a choice of game if there's only one there?

I wouldn't have bought either but this is still BS.

Soldato
Can someone explain this nonsense, redeemed my code to choose the free game, either For Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands, I have no interest in For Honor, but the flipping thing says Out of stock for Wildlands, out of stock? It's a flipping digital download that I have the code for, how is that a choice of game if there's only one there?

I wouldn't have bought either but this is still BS.
I think they buy so many keys. They prob ran out.

Soldato
finally system nearly done. Left the gaming X on TW3 to see what it can do. So far very impressed. Top temps of 65c with an inaudible fan profile.

Card itself also auto boosting to 1936 and capable after a good long run of between 2012-2036mhz (+250 on memory) on the witcher 3 so very happy with this considering my liquid cooled 1080Ti's dropped to under 2ghz on TW3 due to power limitations.

Will test further but seems around 2050mhz is its limit so slightly slower top end than my liquid cooled card, but only by 10-15mhz so nothing to sniff at.

Card has a little whine at high frames (to be expected) but nothing drastic and far quieter in games than my founders edition. So far highly recommended! :D

Caporegime
finally system nearly done. Left the gaming X on TW3 to see what it can do. So far very impressed. Top temps of 65c with an inaudible fan profile.

Card itself also auto boosting to 1936 and capable after a good long run of between 2012-2036mhz (+250 on memory) on the witcher 3 so very happy with this considering my liquid cooled 1080Ti's dropped to under 2ghz on TW3 due to power limitations.

Will test further but seems around 2050mhz is its limit so slightly slower top end than my liquid cooled card, but only by 10-15mhz so nothing to sniff at.

Card has a little whine at high frames (to be expected) but nothing drastic and far quieter in games than my founders edition. So far highly recommended! :D

Single Ti + Gsync is where it's at man :cool:

Associate
is there a big difference between Aorus xtreme and standard version. Is the £50 odd quid worth it?

I know its clocked a little higher.

I decided that the extra £50 wasn't worth it for me so I went for the standard Aorus. I'm impressed with it, really am. In gaming mode, not OC mode, straight out of the box it's clocking to 1923 and holding there. I'll play with overclocking later but I think it'll go over 2GHz without a problem.

Last edited:
Associate
any performance differences or compoments that differ much from Aorus and extreme edition? 1080TI
There isn't much of a performance difference between the Standard Aorus and the Xtreme, maybe 1fps give or take depending on silicon. Just the Xtreme has a big RGB Aorus logo on the backplate. Also get the extra year warranty if you register the Xtreme.

Managed to get the Aorus Xtreme for ~£809 delivered so could be worse I guess.

Caporegime
There isn't much of a performance difference between the Standard Aorus and the Xtreme, maybe 1fps give or take depending on silicon. Just the Xtreme has a big RGB Aorus logo on the backplate. Also get the extra year warranty if you register the Xtreme.

Managed to get the Aorus Xtreme for ~£809 delivered so could be worse I guess.

Sounds like you're happy with it ;)

Does anyone know where to reg the Aorus cards? Can't seem to find a link, and Giga's website is paaaants

Associate
I'm very interested to know what it autoclocks to.

Sorry for the delay, with the OC mode engaged while in Watch Dogs 2 it's going up to 1974, if I manually put 100 on the clock it goes to 2038 and stays there with 120 on the power limit.

Highest temps I've seen while playing that game is 50 and 55 while benching in a warm room.

Back
Top Bottom