• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
Does anyone have Assassin's creed syndicate to test an overclocked pascal titan x at 4k? This game on max settings is very taxing in the park areas.

My overclocked founders edition gtx 1080 hovers about 30-31fps with mins at 28fps in daytime park areas. See my shots below for an area i tested.

Location tested -

5e1c771bc83755b1e3f2e1510e23cbec_zps4vlnfkgq.jpg

Settings used -

a446c0b13fe8293e0c0932d18d412d6b_zps82oojy3c.jpg

FPS shot

4bc40850508b44bb6293dfec5374346d_zps0l3aqtwf.jpg

Associate
So the Nvidia product purchase page does not cater for customers from Rep of Ireland.

They list Ireland as a country choice for your address details but there is no corresponding entry on the shipping estimate choice drop down list and consequently you are given an error saying that your address cannot be verified. This is the same regardless of going via the default (Digital River) or Paypal. I cannot believe they didn't make sure the online order form was tested properly.

When I called the customer service number it was the usual offshore low quality experience that seems to be the norm for so many companies these days and after 10 minutes of spelling out my details I gave up in frustration.

Am very annoyed...

:(

Permabanned
So the Nvidia product purchase page does not cater for customers from Rep of Ireland.

They list Ireland as a country choice for your address details but there is no corresponding entry on the shipping estimate choice drop down list and consequently you are given an error saying that your address cannot be verified. This is the same regardless of going via the default (Digital River) or Paypal. I cannot believe they didn't make sure the online order form was tested properly.

When I called the customer service number it was the usual offshore low quality experience that seems to be the norm for so many companies these days and after 10 minutes of spelling out my details I gave up in frustration.

Am very annoyed...

:(

I had the same problem for Switzerland... thankfully I have a company that accepts packages for me just over the border in Germany.

Even then completing the order form was difficult as it didn't like the address :S

Associate
Does anyone have Assassin's creed syndicate to test an overclocked pascal titan x at 4k? This game on max settings is very taxing in the park areas.

My overclocked founders edition gtx 1080 hovers about 30-31fps with mins at 28fps in daytime park areas.

1987~2050 MHz
36-40 with PCSS Ultra. 50-55 FPS with Shadows on "High"... :rolleyes:
Worst case scenario:
7zu6uWe.jpg
Please don't make me run through 2.5KM of Victorian London again

Associate
So having seen the posts about the Nvidia HB bridge not being compatible with the EK water blocks which I imagine I'll cave and order along with a whole kit sometime soon. Is there a third party bridge which offers the same bandwidth as the Nvidia one currently? I wasn't aware of one.

Associate
So having seen the posts about the Nvidia HB bridge not being compatible with the EK water blocks which I imagine I'll cave and order along with a whole kit sometime soon. Is there a third party bridge which offers the same bandwidth as the Nvidia one currently? I wasn't aware of one.

I'm only aware of EVGA, MSI and Gigabyte having their own HB-SLI bridges. Maybe there're more...

Caporegime
I had the same problem for Switzerland... thankfully I have a company that accepts packages for me just over the border in Germany.

Even then completing the order form was difficult as it didn't like the address :S

I'm in the uk and it made me input the address three times and still didn't accept it so I overrode it

Associate
Sorry but now fixed.:)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Np mate and thank you kindly. :D

Best

Wulf

Caporegime
so the general consensus there is no point getting one of these over the 1080 if your not overclocking?

Probably only 15%-20% better performance on average over a 2ghz aib 1080 but better minimum frames rates overall

So all depends whether you think that's worth the extra money.

And all depends on how much you are spending on you 1080 as some are £800

Associate
@ LegendaryDread

Worst case scenario:

Thanks a lot for testing that and running that far LOL, not as much gain as i thought. I reckon +500 on memory might be good for an extra 3fps. I shall have to give it some thought. Thanks again.

Caporegime
@ LegendaryDread

Worst case scenario:

Thanks a lot for testing that and running that far LOL, not as much gain as i thought. I reckon +500 on memory might be good for an extra 3fps. I shall have to give it some thought. Thanks again.

Well 15% to 30% which is as expected tbh

Associate
Well 15% to 30% which is as expected tbh

Yeah i think if memory was clocked to 11ghz like my 1080 then 30fps to say 39fps is exactly 30% increase according to my online % calculator. If 30% holds on each game i can then easily calculate fps gains across my games. 30% seems a decent gain at 4k.

Ass creed synd and homefront the revolution are the most taxing games i have owned at 4k. Other games hit 40fps or late 30's in taxing areas so the titan would get it up to 50-52 fps which is the sweet spot for g-sync to not feel much different from 60fps in control feeling.

Associate
All cards will buzz a bit, but if its really high pitched and loud then that is a problem, just general buzzing is normal. I don't think you will get a silent card and I do not believe anyone who says their card is 100% silent because I have never seen one. Have had 970, 980ti, 1080... they all buzzed, worst one was the G1 970.

I disagree with everything you wrote.
Buzzing/whining is not normal unless you are running 300 fps. If all your cards buzz then you have been extremely unlucky. I have bought 2-3 gpu's a year for the last 10 years (I even had 3 1080's) and in all that time I had maybe 3 with coil whine, the rest were completely silent. The only thing you should hear is your fan. In fact most new cards, the fan doesn't come on till you hit 60 degrees so they are even quieter. If you are hearing buzzing when vsync'd at 60fps then you have coil whine. I can hear it on my Titan when playing games and it is far from normal. I equally accept the fact that some cards have it and some don't. To say you don't believe anyone who says they don't have it is ludicrous.

Associate
You've got me worried now! I had terrible coil whine from an old Maxwell Titan which drove me up the wall and ended up with an RMA. I haven't been able to install the new card yet, but I hope I don't get equally unlucky this time!

I am sure you will be okay. Coil whine is quite rare, in my experience anyway. Let me know after you install :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom