• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Depends what res you are running. In reviews ive seen games bottlenecked on 6950x running at 4.5Ghz at 1080p (was maxing out at 200 fps)

But who in the right mind would buy this card for 1080p?

TROH me please! :D

Actually came through on the 4th, but I've only just got round to taking a pic.

8CA5Vfs.jpg

I did the thing.

jbkkMIPh.jpg

@ 100% fan / 120% power, I can get boost clocks a shade over 2100mhz, maxes out around 75-77c on the upper card, ~70c on the lower. Not too shabby for air cooling, albeit loud.

Edit: Pic was larger than I expected, so no embedding!

Mod edit: Add a "h" to the end of the name of your image, to get a smaller version e.g. jbkkMIP.jpg becomes jbkkMIPh.jpg :)

Edit 2: Well ****, learn something every day I guess, ty.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Stunted, Link
Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Mark_D, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Zping, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Trunkey, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, crinkleshoes, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rasphelt, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Alphafox, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Greebo, Link
Date 07/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SherlockHobz, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, blasterbolt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Depends what res you are running. In reviews ive seen games bottlenecked on 6950x running at 4.5Ghz at 1080p (was maxing out at 200 fps)

But who in the right mind would buy this card for 1080p?

Any X79 or X99 is fine with these cards or even several of them.

The object of the exercise is to get playable fps in your games and suitable for the limits of your monitors. Anything over that is a waste of time.

If you are getting very high fps turn up the settings or raise the resolution or both.

If you really want to chase pointless ultra high fps get a 2700k based PC and overclock it to 5.2ghz.

For gaming I only ever run my CPU @4.0ghz even when using 4 GPUs. 2160p using max settings is great at keeping the fps down. If I am running a really old game I just use a single card.

Just a heads up for owners of this card, according to Techpowerup the card has some kind of proprietary screw that you could easily strip without the proper tool.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/Titan_X_Pascal/5.html

It requires a 4 or 4.5 socket. Have mine at work but had to resort removing them with adjustable spanner on my 1080's. Worked fine, just a bit of a pain to do.

In EK instructions it says remove with pliers... Oh EK lol. Good way to slip and take half the caps of your board.

With regards to the new TXP I've decided to buy two :D. I might wait until next month though for the backplates, cba to leave it bare and then strip it again, as I know for a fact the nvidia one wont fit correctly with the block. 30%+ over my 1080's and the same again in SLI will be very much welcomed. Keep me going until next Titan anyway :p.

Last edited:
At least I made it easy to do in my rig with the quick release valve.

So it's not that bigger deal for me.

Forward thinking. . .

;)

Yeah I didnt put one of those in but do have a proper drain ball valve but my situation is going to be as follows

Finish building new pc by weekend with Titan on air.

Drain on 18th to fit waterblock.

Drain again on 30th to fit backplate.

Yeah I didnt put one of those in but do have a proper drain ball valve but my situation is going to be as follows

Finish building new pc by weekend with Titan on air.

Drain on 18th to fit waterblock.

Drain again on 30th to fit backplate.

Drain again on 31st to rma card due to it frying :eek:

Sorry I'm confused, one of the pictures shows EVGA Titan X I thought they were GeForce branded this version or am I being a ****?

Bit ****** in my eyes if you ask me. It'd be nice to give us the choice of AiB cards and cooling!!! :mad:

Titans never have that option though, its always stock cooler, only gigabyte iirc bundled a windforce style cooler with one of their titan cards so the end user had an option to change it.

I can see evga bringing out a shroud and aio for it though.

Back
Top Bottom