• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
Hi, I currently have a rampage 4 extreme with a 3960x and sli 680 and I am thinking of upgrading my 680s to either the 1080 or TitanX. Would I be able to even use the TitanX in my system? If I can would I be doing it a disservice with my old 3960X. Sorry haven't really kept up with tech in the recent years since getting my last system.

Soldato
Hi, I currently have a rampage 4 extreme with a 3960x and sli 680 and I am thinking of upgrading my 680s to either the 1080 or TitanX. Would I be able to even use the TitanX in my system? If I can would I be doing it a disservice with my old 3960X. Sorry haven't really kept up with tech in the recent years since getting my last system.

It will work. What res you playing at and which games.

Soldato

Easily, Someone with a 2500K could use a Titan X without worrying about too much of a bottleneck.

Thank you. Currently running 1080p 24". Now it's wondering if it's worth waiting to see if it comes back in stock.

If you are staying with 1080P the Titan X isn't just overkill it's completely wasted, 1440P at least is needed to make the Titan X a worthy purchase.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, such comments best ignored. Personally don't have a lot of respect for people willing to make public feelings about someone they've not seen let alone even met. Best keep opinions to one self methinks. After all, it's easy for us to see such comments as jealousy too, without knowing the peeps making them :p.

If they are going to insult me the least they could do is be creative and funny.:D:)

Associate
Got my EK block in and fitted :)
3z2YPFnl.jpg

Getting great temps, around 55~58c, and with a +225 on the core I get above 2100 initially but comes back down to settle around 2088 running Heaven Bench. Very happy with that :D

Associate
Got my EK block in and fitted :)
3z2YPFnl.jpg

Getting great temps, around 55~58c, and with a +225 on the core I get above 2100 initially but comes back down to settle around 2088 running Heaven Bench. Very happy with that :D

That looks super and great results.I ordered the kit myself but tbh I have never fitted a block to a gpu before.I have removed the cooler to reapply paste etc.Pls god I don't **** it up:)

Associate
That looks super and great results.I ordered the kit myself but tbh I have never fitted a block to a gpu before.I have removed the cooler to reapply paste etc.Pls god I don't **** it up:)

Woudn't worry about it, it's straight forward + the instructions are clear. Also the Titan XP cooler is one of the easiest I have ever had to remove. As for fitting the EK block for me the hardest part was peeling the plastic backing off the thermal pads!

Associate
Woudn't worry about it, it's straight forward + the instructions are clear. Also the Titan XP cooler is one of the easiest I have ever had to remove. As for fitting the EK block for me the hardest part was peeling the plastic backing off the thermal pads!
Cheers.Can't wait for it now:)

Associate
For those who have ordered one of these, how long did it take from placing your order to it being dispatched? I ordered one on Saturday, and apart from the confirmation of the order, and the withdrawal of funds, I haven't heard anything since.

Yes I know I'm being very impatient!!

Associate
For me it was next day (Ordered Thursday arrived Friday) and I got the shipping notification + tracking ref about 2 hours before is actually arrived!

Also have you logged onto the NVidia site to check the status

Store help

Last edited:
Caporegime
For those who have ordered one of these, how long did it take from placing your order to it being dispatched? I ordered one on Saturday, and apart from the confirmation of the order, and the withdrawal of funds, I haven't heard anything since.

Yes I know I'm being very impatient!!

Ordered mine on a Saturday, it arrived on a Tuesday, I got the dispatch email with tracking info on the Wednesday :)

Caporegime
hey guys

will TITAN X PASCAL perform better on a X99 platform?

Also we know the specs of the 1080ti how much will it blast past the pascal titan?

No

Do we? please share? Cause so far we have only seen chinese rumours which contradict each other.

So far it might have 12gb of gddr5x ram or 10gb of gddr5 ram. It might be the same bus or ir might not. etc etc

If the last rumours turn out to be true then it wont be faster than the pascal titan. full stop.

Back
Top Bottom