• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
Funniest thing I have seen all day.
I'm a bit amazed. Looks a nice finish(quality wise) but.........no thanks.
Naturally a buyer would need one of each (and yes, that's a joke)!

Soldato
When I said in previous message about "buying one of each" and then said "only joking", the reason I said that was because I thought it was the same card just with different LED's illuminated (I never looked that closely at the shroud). So sure, a collector will surely want one of each now, one won't be enough. :D.
That red is very AMD like :p

Man of Honour
OP
Nvidia trying to bend you over and take it right up to the elbow!

Who would buy a reference Titan when the aftermarket 1080Ti beats it in all areas. Weird release for only those that won the lottery

None of the non reference 1080 Ti cards can beat a Titan Xp even when the former are equipped with waterblocks and the Titan Xp is using its reference cooler.

Almost forgot, the difference between a Titan Xp and a 1080 Ti is -

More memory
More memory bus
More active cores

Caporegime
None of the non reference 1080 Ti cards can beat a Titan Xp even when the former are equipped with waterblocks and the Titan Xp is using its reference cooler.

More memory
More memory bus
More active cores

And a more sore arse when you buy one for an improvement in games that's not even noticeable.

Soldato

More memory
More memory bus
More active cores

Surely when the Titan runs it throttles, reference cooler means it throttles due to heat? All reference cards do. The Ti cards don't come close to throttling as much. You can overclock a titan but it'll not run smoothly due to heat. The Ti when overclocked will run better and thus beat the titan in games....or is that an "In an ideal world" fantasy dreamland I'm living in? My logic, to me, seems sound, am I that wrong??

Man of Honour
OP
Surely when the Titan runs it throttles, reference cooler means it throttles due to heat? All reference cards do. The Ti cards don't come close to throttling as much. You can overclock a titan but it'll not run smoothly due to heat. The Ti when overclocked will run better and thus beat the titan in games....or is that an "In an ideal world" fantasy dreamland I'm living in? My logic, to me, seems sound, am I that wrong??

Custom fan profile and a Titan Xp will beat any 1080 Ti including the Kingpin and Kudan.

If you want a laugh look up the asking price of the two 1080 Ti cards I mentioned above.

Permabanned
A 1080Ti is a cut down older Titan X(P), less Cores/Rops therefore Memory Interface and again therefore Size (cannot be 12GB had to be 11.5GB)

The Titan Xp is well ahead of it.

Soldato
A 1080Ti is a cut down older Titan X(P), less Cores/Rops therefore Memory Interface and again therefore Size (cannot be 12GB had to be 11.5GB)

The Titan Xp is well ahead of it.

I got this wrong a while back. The ti actually has the same amount of cores, less rops with slightly smaller memory bus/memory amount. On the plus side it has faster memory which gives it more memory bandwidth over Titan and stock clocks are higher. That's why the Ti is faster out of the box compared to Titan Pascal. Titan Xp restores the balance.

11.5? Thought it was 11?

It is 11gb.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Surely throttling due to heat from a reference cooler would gimp performance though??

As I said above you use a custom fan profile and it is not a problem.

By default all high end NVidia reference cards are setup to minimise noise at the expense of performance but this is easy to change by using the custom fan profile.

Permabanned
I got this wrong a while back. The ti actually has the same amount of cores, less rops with slightly smaller memory bus/memory amount. On the plus side it has faster memory which gives it more memory bandwidth over Titan and stock clocks are higher. That's why the Ti is faster out of the box compared to Titan Pascal. Titan Xp restores the balance.

It is 11gb.

Yea I was tired when I posted this, the Core count is the same and God know why I said 11.5GB memory, rest stands though, sorry.

I was staring at the screenshot of specs as I typed it.

ff6yxj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom