The Patchbay - Alpha Launch - Opencart - maybe i could get a few tips and advice ?

Associate
Hi Guys,

Its weird to think i used to be so active on overclockers back in the day and now im so busy i never get the time to do anything haha

Right, im launching a new site that looks like it will be complete June, i thought id get the word out now and start getting a little exposure so it isn't all for nothing, this is a great place to start considering when i used to be pretty active, there are so many people i remember with so many hobbies.

The problem im having at the moment is that im running this on opencart and my knowledge is very shy of being great, i was hoping someone could hop in this thread and maybe give a little guidance on a few issues im having and to finish the site

The site is based around audio production content with fundamental aspects. Im not selling sound-banks im selling patches, each item will be available to purchase and download instantly with demos on hand, in depth information and an intuitive search engine. But whats best is, each sound will cost you single digits.

This is great for music students, bands, artists, people who dont want to shell out on expensive products for only a specific sound, you can get in, find it, buy it, download it instantly and kiss your wallet.

The idea of the site is this:

• No more costly soundsets
  • Find the perfect sound in seconds
  • Single patches at single digits
  • No more stale sounds, patches added daily for 0 day freshness
  • Great for budget artists or students looking to educate on budgets

The site will cover almost every genre there is including and not limited to indie.

I hope this wasn't too long and it gets you interested.

0c5b3566-80dc-4e90-9c07-6cb67253f570_zps7c7d98e1.png

www.thepatchbay.co.uk

Associate
OP
You'll need to give us a bit more info about the issues?

Also, I find your font difficult to read and there are too many colours.

Thank you for the input, its all trial and error atm, im just building on it everything will be ironed out eventually, im going for a dark theme so i will be using yellow as the primary font colour, font will be changed eventualled and made bigger and clearer.

the issues are as follows

due to my technical knowledge i cannot

add mp3 demo scripts to my product pages, ive managed to add iframe code to the pages from soundcloud but its sketchy

get rid of certain thing on the site like site location or affilites

i cannot and do not know how to add payment gateways and get it set up so people can pay with card

i dont quite know how to add banners to the site in the sense that i can add the large main banner, but other smaller banners that look like products in size

Back
Top Bottom