The price of cinema tickets

Man of Honour
I'm having an OK boomer moment :)

I've not seen anything at the cinema for a couple of years. On a whim I thought I might go and see The Bike Riders at my local cinema tonight. Nearly £19 for a basic seat. If my wife wants to come with me and then we have some food or drink that's going to turn into £60 to £70 easily. Thanks but I think I'll just wait for it to hit streaming. I think the only film this year that I will pay for at those prices is Deadpool vs Wolverine. No wonder cinemas are struggling.

EDIT: And to rub salt into the wound it's a £2.25 booking fee on top! Nope. Hard pass.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
You should check to see if you get any offers with your mobile provider. I get them for £3 on a weekend with Three.
Thanks. Good idea. I could actually get 5 free cinema tickets with my bank account. But I went with a different perk instead. Although I love the cinema my work and home life is so busy I never know when I will have time for things like the cinema, so it's usually just a casual impulse thing so it's never really been my priority.

It looks like this film is streaming shortly so I'll simply buy or rent the film, get a bottle of wine and some food delivered and watch it with the family instead.

Man of Honour
OP
What's special about them? Can't say I've ever heard of them.
I assume they are all the same as my local Everyman, which has smaller screens and quite comfy sofa like seats. You can get food delivered to your seat too. So, to be fair, I don't think it is a typical cinema so I'm probably being unfair with my rant. I was jsut a bit shocked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom