• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
@LtMatt If I recall correctly, you owned or still own a Vega 64 right? if so how would you rate the performance vs the 5700XT? I'm asking cause after undervolting and underclocking my Vega 64 I was able to match a stock 5700 non XT in Gears 5 but it was the only game I had access to from the list in the reviews at the time. Yet the Vega 64 always seems way lower in the review charts. I'm also interested in how much further the 5700XT can be pushed with a proper setup of voltage and clocks vs an equally set up of a Vega 64 and i simply do not trust most if any of the current youtube techpress, not even HUB in this regard as my results are always better and thats with a lesser CPU even.

Caporegime
@LtMatt If I recall correctly, you owned or still own a Vega 64 right? if so how would you rate the performance vs the 5700XT? I'm asking cause after undervolting and underclocking my Vega 64 I was able to match a stock 5700 non XT in Gears 5 but it was the only game I had access to from the list in the reviews at the time. Yet the Vega 64 always seems way lower in the review charts. I'm also interested in how much further the 5700XT can be pushed with a proper setup of voltage and clocks vs an equally set up of a Vega 64 and i simply do not trust most if any of the current youtube techpress, not even HUB in this regard as my results are always better and thats with a lesser CPU even.
I dont have a Vega 64 anymore I'm afraid, but i expect a 5700 XT to be faster and use half the power.

Associate
I bought Gigabyte rx 5700 xt. At first everything looked good but with an introduction of Adrenalin 2020 all went down to the sewers. Battlefield 5 started randomly crash or giving me blackscreen with the only option to hard restart. Sadly problem appeared after 14 days return window, so now i stick with the last working drivers 19.12.1 forever. I was always on Team Green but wanted to support underdog, after that never again, next GPU 100% Nvidia.

Caporegime
My 5700 XT AE will do 2103Mhz at 1.125mv in Radeon Software at 46% fan speed.

This results in an in game core clock frequency of around 2050Mhz and higher.
That said, my main game is Football Manager 2020 and for that I prefer silence so I run 1950 @1.000mv at 30% fan speed max. That keeps junction are 90c, ish.

Soldato
@Panos @LtMatt

Thanks for the info :)

I see the AE 5700XTs have disappeared and I've just caught one of your comments Matt about liking silence whilst playing FM, which I do as well, so it looks like I'll be getting an AIB version.

I'm considering this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1bh-gi.html

Any good?
Red Devil still the best one these days?

XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra is my choice tbh especially given the price £370.
After that Aorus & Red Devil is close call. Pick which ever you want. I believe the Aorus model out of the box is 1fps faster, but so is the THICC III over the Red Devil is 1fps faster.

Personally pick which ever you like if money isn't issue but if had to buy one today could have been the XFX one.

Man of Honour
XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra is my choice tbh especially given the price £370.
After that Aorus & Red Devil is close call. Pick which ever you want. I believe the Aorus model out of the box is 1fps faster, but so is the THICC III over the Red Devil is 1fps faster.

Personally pick which ever you like if money isn't issue but if had to buy one today could have been the XFX one.
I can get the Aorus one for about the same cost as the XFX but I've read good and lots of bad about the XFX, mainly temps/noise and build quality/sagging? Otherwise it has me tempted as online reviews said the opposite and so do a couple of user reviews? So it's a bit confusing :eek:

Soldato
I can get the Aorus one for about the same cost as the XFX but I've read good and lots of bad about the XFX, mainly temps/noise and build quality/sagging? Otherwise it has me tempted as online reviews said the opposite and so do a couple of user reviews? So it's a bit confusing :eek:

Did the user reviews talk about the Thicc II? Because that one had the issues you reported not the III.

Back
Top Bottom