1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Illuminist

Wise Guy

Mine never ever changes the default mv, it's 1061mv everytime since the first boot to now, it seems to be holding itself back I just ran half of time spy with 1955 mhz cos and 1150mhz hbm. 58.c core and 91.c Junction but then it just bailed and gave me 0 score for seemingly no reason

But it can definately handle it, maybe more, seems to be no reason it stopped, apart from the driver or power limits, maybe we will get our +50% back like vega

2. JediFragger

Capodecina

Nice work :)

3. Chud_Jenny

Gangster

Ye, not sure if you followed this years CES? He's got a new pad in the works with "Thermal Grizzly" and an improved paste too. (ground finer in production)
    It's going to be interesting to see how much the t-junction temp will reduce when running on water.

4. Lev

Associate

What is the stock core speed and mV on the R7?

5. Illuminist

Wise Guy

It varies between users that's what we are trying work out
    The core is 1750-1785ish

6. KrisWragg

Gangster

Just ordered one of these, guessing it won't ship for a few weeks though :( Could have had a Gigabyte card on Tuesday via a competitor but £50 more and 1 year less warranty.

Will patiently watch you guys trying to eek more out of it :) Should be a massive upgrade over 290 crossfire in my desktop which is currently beat by my laptop with a 1070 maxQ in a lot of things!

7. Vince

Man of Honour

What are people getting on memory?

8. Illuminist

Wise Guy

There is still something wrong though, I can't play a game with out the sparkles appearing

9. Bloot

Associate

How did you achieve this? I can't even get mine to 1900 :(

I can only get oc frequencies in window mode not in fullscreen

10. Illuminist

Wise Guy

This I was going to explain to everyone today.
    Vince discovered that the auto memory overclock button worked and really well.

I then discovered you can lock the core at 1900 with both white bars, adjust the mv to your liking. set +20% power limit, adjust the fan curve then press apply.
    THEN
    Press the auto memory overclock button and hit apply.

It will apply the memory and core oc with the manual fan curve and other tweaks you did

11. nashathedog

Sgarrista

I haven't touched the auto settings I'm presuming you can use all three together but obviously set each up one after the other so in which order and how do you know it's finished

12. nashathedog

Sgarrista

I'm presuming you can't both auto overclock and auto undervolt as it's not letting me.

I just did the auto memory overclock & then did a run of the Far Cry 5 benchmark and the memory sat between 1200 and 1220 while the core sat at around 1750.

How long do you leave it automatically testing for?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  13. Vince

Man of Honour

Looks like im not the only one who's memory just goes 1200+ and is happy. This bodes well for when they really get these drivers nailed. 1900+ core clocks and 1200+ memory is not that "out there"!

14. nashathedog

Sgarrista

When you do one of the auto tests how long are you leaving it for? I ask because it say's apply straight away.

15. Illuminist

Wise Guy

That's because it does it instantly

And you cannot combine the autos. Like I tried to say before.
    Do manual set this how you like. Apply. Then do auto memory oc, then apply

You will get the manual and the memory oc together

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  16. nashathedog

Sgarrista

I'll try that.

It's odd as when I do auto core overclock it crashes in the Far Cry 5 benchmark, When I auto overclock the memory I get the exact same Far Cry 5 benchmark score as I get when I auto undervolt it.

I'm going to do some more tests with other games now.

17. Vince

Man of Honour

Exactly as tim says, set everything core wise up in manual overclocks so set your power limit, fan curve, undervolt, whatever you fancy, if you drag the flags for core to meet and set an mv you can lock the core at that. After click auto memory and apply it... run your bench and see what happens, fwiw my core is not a great one and i can only lock it right now at around 1850 without more volts and then my memory only does 1180 rather than 1235.

18. Illuminist

Wise Guy

I wonder if you increase the default mv, that the auto memory oc will go higher ...

19. nashathedog

Sgarrista

20. Vince

Man of Honour

I do think that when they get the driver properly sorted that it will be a lot like vega for overclocking. Just messing around now shows it has some legs for overclocking/undervolting when the drivers are properly sorted I see this being a lot like vega.