• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
@Chud_Jenny the water block its just because of noise, and because well, there are three 360mm rads in the case.. Leaving just the cpu is weird. Probably I won't get any good overclocker, I never do haha

@Jesaul yeah I agree.. but in my case that will be 20-25fps more without going into too much trouble, like selling in ebay to get a good money out of it, then looking for a new gpu, that would be a week without pc..

Associate
@Chud_Jenny the water block its just because of noise, and because well, there are three 360mm rads in the case.. Leaving just the cpu is weird. Probably I won't get any good overclocker, I never do haha

@Jesaul yeah I agree.. but in my case that will be 20-25fps more without going into too much trouble, like selling in ebay to get a good money out of it, then looking for a new gpu, that would be a week without pc..
Lol your pc is as bonkers as mine then. I've got three 360's and a 120 for good measure. :cry:

Soldato
Hello all!
Do you guys believe is worth it to upgrade from the Radeon VII to the 6700XT? In the case, sure the guy is a miner because he is offering me the 6700XT + some money, around 200 quid.

But, performance wise, what do you think?
My RVII is not a great overclocker anyway, I can not go any further than 1965/1125/1110mV without some issues.
What do you think?

I'll go out on a limb and say its you that posted in the AMD subreddit ?

Personally I wouldn't as the VII is a still a capable card , on compute its a bit of a of a wolf in sheep's clothing. AM guessing the guy is a miner as that's why he's after it. In which case it's worth more than that.

Soldato
Im in the same boat, a little bit of me is tempted by a new card but the VII is such a great all round piece of kit I just keep having the feeling I will kick myself. The only price/peformance ratio point for me would be a 3070 and I genuinely don't know what benefits I would see at my res. etc

I have a Freesync 75 1440p panel and it just smashes through everything without a second thought. undervolted it is pretty much silent 90% of the time too :)

Man of Honour
I bought the 6800xt nitro+ and the 6700xt nitro+ and yet the 6700xt is in the box still and the 7 is in my wife's machine... just cant let it go.

Caporegime
Are radeon vii's prone to dying the same way every time? A lot of months back ebay was literally flooded with broken cards that all had the same symptoms, they would power on, fans spin up, logo illuminate but never any output. Always found it a bit strange that so many were doing the rounds with the same issue, like it was a failed bios update in a lot of cases.

Soldato
Im in the same boat, a little bit of me is tempted by a new card but the VII is such a great all round piece of kit I just keep having the feeling I will kick myself. The only price/peformance ratio point for me would be a 3070 and I genuinely don't know what benefits I would see at my res. etc

I have a Freesync 75 1440p panel and it just smashes through everything without a second thought. undervolted it is pretty much silent 90% of the time too :)

You love your card, you are the last person wh should be buying anything new is these crazy times.

Soldato
Hello all!
Do you guys believe is worth it to upgrade from the Radeon VII to the 6700XT? In the case, sure the guy is a miner because he is offering me the 6700XT + some money, around 200 quid.

But, performance wise, what do you think?
My RVII is not a great overclocker anyway, I can not go any further than 1965/1125/1110mV without some issues.
What do you think?
I'd buy a 3090fe then sell the Vii for £1500

Back
Top Bottom