• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
I have a feeling all these high junction temps are due to cooler not being tightened up correctly in sequence, I can just see them assembling these cards thinking, ahhh thermal pad, no need to be super careful, tighten screws on back all the way up one after the other.
quick test and straight to box for launch. but cooler isn't sitting flat to the GPU. I think for anyone experiencing high junction temps would be to losen screws, don't remove the cooler, just a small wiggle, and tighten in sequence 1342 half a turn at a time until tight.

the people putting washers underneath seem to find cooler temps, but I don't think you need the washers, just a release of the screws and let the cooler sit flat, tighten in sequence will do. worth a shot for sure.

Associate
I told you my friend send it back. My rma got tested today and only took them 23 minutes to decide it was no good, I then called them to ask if I could get a replacement from a different vendor as my original was sapphire too and i would have to wait for stock. They agreed to send me a asrock one which comes tomorrow.
Super happy

Asrock have the best stickers! ;)

Lev

Lev

Associate
I told you my friend send it back. My rma got tested today and only took them 23 minutes to decide it was no good, I then called them to ask if I could get a replacement from a different vendor as my original was sapphire too and i would have to wait for stock. They agreed to send me a asrock one which comes tomorrow.
Super happy
Mines being inspected right now, I told them in a note that I will take whatever R7 is available. I would prefer one with a good warranty, but at this point I just want one that works.

Associate
Just an update on anyone waiting on an EKWB water block. I'm in contact with them directly via email and this is the latest....

"Hello

Yes, we started working on a block for this card and we expect it to be available probably by the end of March.

Best regards, Igor"

Associate
Anyone with an ultra wide monitor wish to share their experiences in gaming with the VII?

I've been playing BFV on my ultrawide - freesync at ultra settings. Runs like a dream! haven't had any crashes at all and no stuttering :)
Can't really comment on other games as haven't played enough, but two-point hospital was fine with no crashes over several hours last night.

Soldato
Okay got my asrock replacement card and it works great unlike the last one.
Could you guys fill me in with what your lowest stock undervolt is
And what is your overclock mv minimums.
I have a weeks worth of tweaking to catch up on :D

So far I ran timespy at 1200 and 2000, @1120mv, with running clocks of 1975 and a score of 9739 (9755 gpu score)

I did a complete stock run at 990mv also
Got 8944 timespy score.

Back
Top Bottom