• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Just ordered an Alphacool Eisblock for my Radeon 7 :D

Apparently shipping in 10-11 days which gives me some time to plan out the rest of the setup for my first watercooled system :)

Prepare to be disappointed. I bought one for Vega and it was so bad I gave it to @Illuminist, was the biggest £150 waste ever. Id say roughly 1 in 3 is doa in my experience. Also quality control is non existant. Sorry if this sounds like me being over fussy but they are proper ****

Soldato
Prepare to be disappointed. I bought one for Vega and it was so bad I gave it to @Illuminist, was the biggest £150 waste ever. Id say roughly 1 in 3 is doa in my experience. Also quality control is non existant. Sorry if this sounds like me being over fussy but they are proper ****
That was the all in one block version that was the ugliest piece of hideous engineering ever made, I think this guy is getting the see through water block thingy.
I still have that block x2 if you ever want it back :p

Man of Honour
That was the all in one block version that was the ugliest piece of hideous engineering ever made, I think this guy is getting the see through water block thingy.
I still have that block x2 if you ever want it back :p

Hell no. Burn it with fire. Won't trust that crap. Shockingly poor engineering.

Associate

This is a full cover GPU block not an AIO so not much to go wrong unless it leaks? Not sure about GPU but there doesn't seem to be much more than a few *C between the best and average CPU blocks?

EK are taking their sweet time to release a block and I have a long weekend coming up in a couple weeks with with the girlfriend out the house which is perfect time to mess around rebuilding the PC for water cooling without being bothered :D

Associate
EK Posted on their facebook saying that their block should be available this week :) How long it will take OcUK to get stock, I have no idea.

Associate
Excellent! We look forward to hearing what difference it makes to the temps and OC ability :)

In

Excited for you let us know!

I will sure keep you all updated with results and temps! it will be on its own loop, with an RX480 rad with 4 fans with a D5 pump with 550ml res. its all ready to connect to the VII and fill.

Associate
About £30 more than the Alphacool block and backplate.

No idea if EK GPU blocks are vastly superior?

I'm getting it to £50 difference!

Shopping Cart

Product Name Unit Price Qty Subtotal

EK-Vector Radeon VII Backplate - Black
* This product will start shipping on Monday, the 1st of April 2019

€ 37.83 € 37.83 Remove item

EK-Vector Radeon VII RGB - Nickel + Plexi
* This product will start shipping on Monday, the 1st of April 2019

€ 153.69 € 153.69 Remove item
Grand Total € 195.22 (/1.15= £169.76)
With euro3.70 shipping.

Alphacool Eisblock GPX-A Plexi Light AMD Radeon VII - mit...

Item number: 1016501

Delivery: in 8 - 9 days
info-icon-2017.png

Quantity
Price per unit
£115.16*
Sum
£115.16* Delete all products

• Sum:
    £115.16*
  • Shipping costs:
    £4.50*
  • Total amount:
    £119.66
  • Total amount without VAT:
    £99.72
  • Plus 20 % VAT:
    £19.94

Associate
I was looking at copper and plexi as the cheapest option, but yours is more apples with apples comparison :)

Think I'll stick with the Alphacool order TBH

Still need to plan out the rest of the system, mostly need to decide between EK and Hardware Labs radiators.

Associate
I was looking at copper and plexi as the cheapest option, but yours is more apples with apples comparison :)

Think I'll stick with the Alphacool order TBH

Still need to plan out the rest of the system, mostly need to decide between EK and Hardware Labs radiators.
Ye, the ek option carries a large premium. They have got greedy, not a lot more to say on the pricing really lol.
What size rads are you looking at using? In which case?

Associate
Ye, the ek option carries a large premium. They have got greedy, not a lot more to say on the pricing really lol.
What size rads are you looking at using? In which case?

Case is a Fractal Design Define S, was looking at a 420mm slim at the top and a 280mm at the front. Choosing between:

EK-CoolStream CE 280 + EK-CoolStream SE 420
and
Black Ice Nemesis GTX 280 + Black Ice Nemesis GTS 420

Erring towards the Hardware Labs ones as they seem to be slightly better at low RPM from what I've read

Back
Top Bottom