• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
I suppose that one single 360 rad it's not enough for a cpu+gpu loop? It's that right?
Noticing you are based in Italy having a higher ambient temp I'd opt for a 2nd radiator for better temps. But one thick 360mm on paper is enough. To get the best results you'd need to use "push/pull" fans on both sides. So 6 fans on the radiator.

Associate
Yeah 31/32 room temp in august, i've an old xspc rx360 rev1 big enough for wb cpu, for a second rad i need to change the case, now i've a very old cm stacker, i think that i will keep the gpu with original heatsink until i buy a new tower with 2xrad spacing.

Thanks for the help

Associate
Yeah 31/32 room temp in august, i've an old xspc rx360 rev1 big enough for wb cpu, for a second rad i need to change the case, now i've a very old cm stacker, i think that i will keep the gpu with original heatsink until i buy a new tower with 2xrad spacing.

Thanks for the help
That's the battle you have, that high ambient adds to your temps. I have a Thermaltake Core X5, it fits loads of rads. I'd have a look at the cases on OCUK as they have a massive selection and go from there.

Associate

Thanks for the help

The CM Stacker is a huge case, plenty of opportunity and space to mod extra radiators in to that.

Associate
but there is no specific place ("plug and play") for rads, except for that one in the bottom for a 240 rad, you need to cut some aluminium or make some customization, in fact, at this moment i use a waterstation, and the case is over it

edit: exactly you need to make some customization, but at this moment i don't have tools or space to do that

edit2: you can also mount one rad in front part, making some modding work

Associate
but there is no specific place ("plug and play") for rads, except for that one in the bottom for a 240 rad, you need to cut some aluminium or make some customization, in fact, at this moment i use a waterstation, and the case is over it

edit: exactly you need to make some customization, but at this moment i don't have tools or space to do that

edit2: you can also mount one rad in front part, making some modding work

I did say in my first reply that there was space to mod extra radiators in. It's a case with so much potential.

As for me I've worked out that I can get a UT60 240 rad with push/pull ML120 in the bottom of my FT02 by taking out two of the 180 fans. Happy days.

Associate
Fixed....

Not fixed :(

Ddu and installed drives again . All amd setting stock

Open a game
I.e rainbow 6
FPS 90+ monitor is freesync so can see it going up and down in the top right corner .

After 5 mins ( temps under 70) the monitor counter will drop to 60 and stay at 60 like vsyncs been turned on.
I tried turning vsync on then off again but nothing changes this .(it's off in game and Amd)

Just to be clear FPS is 90 plus after new driver install then randomly just drops to 60 and stays there even if close the game and try another it's stuck at this FPS if game is demanding it is just a mess To stop this I then have to uninstall drivers and fresh install .
Then games will run as normal till it randomly stutters then u see the counter just go 60 and not move

TheTCard seems to clock down to 800 mhzoaccording to wattman but occasionally it says peak is something mad i.e 77776 MHz
Everything is at stock I'm.not overclocking or tinkering at all

Last edited:
Associate
Fixed....

Open a game
I.e rainbow 6
FPS 90+ monitor is freesync so can see it going up and down in the top right corner .

After 5 mins ( temps under 70) the monitor counter will drop to 60 and stay at 60 like vsyncs been turned on.
I tried turning vsync on then off again but nothing changes this .(it's off in game and Amd)

Just to be clear FPS is 90 plus after new driver install then randomly just drops to 60 and stays there even if close the game and try another it's stuck at this FPS if game is demanding it is just a mess To stop this I then have to uninstall drivers and fresh install .
Then games will run as normal till it randomly stutters then u see the counter just go 60 and not move

TheTCard seems to clock down to 800 mhzoaccording to wattman but occasionally it says peak is something mad i.e 77776 MHz
Best thing to do is a fire strike stress test. If it fails return the card.

Associate
Best thing to do is a fire strike stress test. If it fails return the card.

It seems to finish with a score of around 28 to 29k
However in games it's still dropping to 800 not on menus actually during gameplay then it gets stuck on the low FPS. If I restart pc or reinstall drivers it's back to normal then

Power supply is a gold 850 evga monitoring it via msi afterburner nothing looks a miss . I have raised power limit slider. Clock bounces around 1750-1820 MHz

Soldato
Fixed....

Open a game
I.e rainbow 6

I had this happen to me exactly like this, in r6 too.
Do you have afterburner installed?
Is it also the most recent driver as this same thing happened when I installed 19.2.2, but all I did to fix it was uninstall afterburner, ddu and it was all good

Soldato
It seems to finish with a score of around 28 to 29k
However in games it's still dropping to 800 not on menus actually during gameplay then it gets stuck on the low FPS. If I restart pc or reinstall drivers it's back to normal then

Power supply is a gold 850 evga monitoring it via msi afterburner nothing looks a miss . I have raised power limit slider. Clock bounces around 1750-1820 MHz
Ahh there it is, you do have afterburner, uninstall it, let me know if that fixes it

Back
Top Bottom